All tutorial requests HERE

yes...all tutorials as links into first post here and sticky this thread and remove all other tutorial stickys to get the forum clearer. Does already someone mailed lasse/brett? But the topic of this thread should then also renamed into something which suits better.

hi anssi please make a tutorial for clean vocal
like doubling vocal using vocalign or something like that
it would be awesome

Don't know if this has been done before...
But in Cubase, how to make a backing track with live samples/bassdrops and metronome for your band

Don't know if this has been done before...
But in Cubase, how to make a backing track with live samples/bassdrops and metronome for your band

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/665139-faq-live-shows-backing-tracks-how.html

That should be all you need. Not specific on any DAW, but actually programming the track is however you want it to be, although it would generally some kind of midi with a vsti if you're doing keyboards, or plain wav files if it's samples or other stuff.

Holy Necrothread Batman!

I'm wondering if anyone has an editing guide to guitars up here?
I read the lists, and it said the slip editing ones, which are good, but not as in depth as I'd like.

It'd be awesome if someone could show themselves (like with a video screen cap) of their workflow and methods when they personally edit kick\guitars\bass into time together as a unit.
Mostly I'm wondering how others recognize and place their transients. I know how to do it my way, but it's always good to get a different perspective.
(Coming from cubase without PT's Tab to Transient).

I'm kind of curious about recording and mixing at home through a laptop...

So i'm a complete noob recording wise and I really don't have any experience at all and I was going to make my own thread asking about this but i saw this thread so I figured I would ask here :oops:. Anyways, I know you mic the cab/speaker with whatever mic your using but how does the mic go to my computer and how does it work with whatever recording software I have, (which ones are good for windows?) (and yea I know.. what a idiot doesn't even know this)

I haven't noticed a guide like this so I figured I'd ask. Would anyone be interested in a guide to mix EQ including audio files/examples? Things like getting instruments to lock together, frequency stacks, fixing bad recordings, sibilance, etc. I've been lucky enough to learn a lot of awesome and relatively simple tricks from a former live monitor engineer for Tool (My engineering chops have gone up exponentially since meeting this guy), and I think the info might come in handy to a lot of folks. If enough people want it I'll do it.

I haven't noticed a guide like this so I figured I'd ask. Would anyone be interested in a guide to mix EQ including audio files/examples? Things like getting instruments to lock together, frequency stacks, fixing bad recordings, sibilance, etc. I've been lucky enough to learn a lot of awesome and relatively simple tricks from a former live monitor engineer for Tool (My engineering chops have gone up exponentially since meeting this guy), and I think the info might come in handy to a lot of folks. If enough people want it I'll do it.

OF COURSE!
:headbang:

YES YES YES YES

I would like a tutorial for Memphis May fires snare drum from their album Challanger by Cam (chango studios)