Sturgis-style mix (Emmure cover)

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hi guys,

I've got a client that has referenced Joey's mixes as what he is after, so this is a mixtest in preparation for that using Emmure's track Children of Cybertron:

Guitars are Axe-FX, Drums are S2.0 with lots of layered samples on the kick and snare (LSD and some anonymous free ones I've had lying around for ages)

Any feedback appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drums are very Strugis, dude, but the guitars are very Nolly, if you catch my drift. I don't, in any way shape or form, see this as a bad thing though, but your client might :lol:

Sweet, cheers man! Hopefully he won't mind. His stuff is in drop B so it should be much more intelligible.

Touche. I'd say cut back on the scooping a bit, and you'll have yourself a pretty fine mix.

Cheers bud! At the end of the day it will come down to the client, but I hear what you're saying. The band tune to drop B (instead of the G on this clip) - I really think that that alone will up the midrange content considerably, and with the bass brought up into the far more audible range the fundamental should be a lot clearer. Fingers crossed anyway!