Stutter sound-effect (ala the Matrix)

MartijnPaauwe

Mar 11, 2008
Dutchieland
www.mirdyn.com
Hi guys!

I am making the intro of our upcoming debut album, and i thought it was really cool to make the of the intro end stutter (think of the Matrix, or the string intro in the song "I Will Never Let You Down" from Caliban) and the next song bashes in.

I have tried several things but i just cant seem to get that specific effect. Anybody have any thoughts how to achieve this with editing or is there a plugin that gives this effect?

Thanks!

I think its possible to do it with a gate plugin.
You just need to coax it into responding in the rythmic way you want it to.
Kinda like sidechaining it..

strutter_for_dummies.png

http://www.ahjteam.com/upload/strutter_for_dummies.mp3

Hi guys!

I am making the intro of our upcoming debut album, and i thought it was really cool to make the of the intro end stutter (think of the Matrix, or the string intro in the song "I Will Never Let You Down" from Caliban) and the next song bashes in.

I have tried several things but i just cant seem to get that specific effect. Anybody have any thoughts how to achieve this with editing or is there a plugin that gives this effect?

Thanks!

chaos pad, decimator, and grain

yea, i got confused for a sec cuz i think youre talking about 2 diff effects right? first the stutter, which the ideas above sound great. i'm gonna try that chop up method later when i get a minute. the matrix effect you mentioned, i've gotten that before by using time-stretch (or time compression expansion in protools) by drawing out the waveform well beyond what it should have been.