Subcyde 2005 - New demo - iotw: METAL GODDAMNIT

Fucking guitars sound awesome. Gots to get me an Engl. Dammit, man!

I really like the single tracked guitar sound. IMHO you have to be really pro as a player and mixer/engineer to pull off the quad-tracking correctly. It sounds monstrous when it's done right, but otherwise it's just mush with no attack. Single tracking is way easier to do, and as a result, has so much more definition most of the time.

Oh, and great job, on everything else, too. Let us know if it's gonna be released or for sale online or something.

Goddamn Guitar said:
Can't find the searchbutton? So I can't find it either...
Anyway here it goes again:
The guitar is dean cadillac with emgs into a Engl Powerball into a Celestion V30 cab.
Only 2 tracks of guitar panned so no dubbing.
And the mic was a AKG D112.
you used a kick drum mic for the guitars? interesting.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
I was gonna ask about the D112 ! Any particular reason you used it ?

The thing is I always got better results using a D112 than a sm57.
In overall the D112 is a great mic and serve just as good with a acoustic guitar as with a kickdrum.

All: Thanks for all the nice input!

sounds killer man! i cant wait to get my mixes and have them torn apart by you guys too haha. but seriously man your mix sounded great i liked the guitars alot. definetly sounds like a powerball. good job.

Yeah i know, i've worked a lot with the d8b, allthough i think the gate is quite bad, the rest of the stuff is totally ok though, the voice thingy is a good tool to easy the tension in the studio too during a recording session that isn't quite going like planned :) Just whack it on and people tend to find it quite amuzing.

Impy said:
Yeah i know, i've worked a lot with the d8b, allthough i think the gate is quite bad, the rest of the stuff is totally ok though, the voice thingy is a good tool to easy the tension in the studio too during a recording session that isn't quite going like planned :) Just whack it on and people tend to find it quite amuzing.

Haha funny you mentioned that it's good to ease a bands tension cause I also do the exact thing sometime. Just cracks up everybody to hear their singer high/low pitched...

The reverbs from the d8b are very good too!

Impy said:
Haha maybe mackie threw it in for that purpose alone :)

Last time i worked with it i only used the built in stuff, i think it all sounds really good except for the gate, it's not fast enough.

Well it's an outdated system but still works fine in our studio...
The newer DXb looks quite impressevive though, gives me a hardon... :oops: