Suggest melodic progressive metal (similar to Scale the Summit)

nezvers

Beast
Oct 5, 2010
Latvia, Riga
It would be awesome, that it's pretty popular, so I could find some tabs to learn something. I'm busy and hardly have time to take a guitar after working day, so I really don't want to bother to learn by ear (I'm doing it too slow).

I'd really want to learn some stuff from Scale the Summit, but all their tabs got taken down. They are 100% my fave for prog stuff.
Probably dream theater have something similar, but I haven't heard song that hook me up on them.
Thanks in advance, cheers!

I just received the 3 tab books from the guitarist, the contain interesting exercises, I suppose all albums are released as well on their own website ?

Polyphia are a pretty cool band in the same vein as Scale the Summit. And obviously Animals as Leaders too.

Plini is pretty amazing too, although I'm not sure if there's any tabs for his stuff.

I saw clips of Polyphia playing live and the guitar players can't play for shit. Just wanted to let that out.

Regarding the OP's question, I've no idea.

Okay maybe this is right up your alley

Everything but the solos don't seem too hard to learn by ear.
This reminds me of scale the summit:

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSedna, I have Scale The Summit guitarist book "Guitar technique" and thinking to get his "Tapping technique" book, but song tab book is kinda no no, because I don't wan't to buy tab book when I want only learn few riffs to learn new ways how to think about riffmaking.

POMEGRANATE TIGER and Poliphia are in the zone, sound the way I like and have some GP tabs available.

indecizo, that first video is awesome. It is learnable by ear for sure, but I'm too slow with that. I want to sit and learn something when I have free time for it.

Really, thanks for suggestions!

Chris Letchford has a solo record out.

I guess it's more fusion/prog/jazz than metal though, but imo still slightly relevant since he's in STS.

You might also check out Collapsar, Russian Circles and possibly Aghora but Santiago doesn't really do tapping very much if at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that was pretty cool, regardless of the genre. He's such a good guitarist. I believe with just a little bit less complexity, he would be even better and more listened, even if he is in this kind of a niche tapping/shredder/2010s guitarist.