Suicide Silence vocalist dies

I've cleaned up this thread considerably.

Have some fucking class people (if you're post is missing I am talking directly to you). A guy played music you don't like, ok cool. Wishing death on them and the band because of that, whether serious or not?! 2 year old shit. The same bullshit I get messaged 5 years later by people (all the time) saying, "hey man, I was immature/drunk then, I don't want this post associated with me, can you delete."

These people have families/kids and google picks this stuff up for them to find. I as a friggin decent person don't want this associated with me, much less coming from my site.

Posts like that won't be tolerated on here.

I've cleaned up this thread considerably.

Have some fucking class people (if you're post is missing I am talking directly to you). A guy played music you don't like, ok cool. Wishing death on them and the band because of that, whether serious or not?! 2 year old shit. The same bullshit I get messaged 5 years later by people (all the time) saying, "hey man, I was immature/drunk then, I don't want this post associated with me, can you delete."

These people have families/kids and google picks this stuff up for them to find. I as a friggin decent person don't want this associated with me, much less coming from my site.

Posts like that won't be tolerated on here.

I'm sorry for my post Deron. I should stick to the "don't speak ill of the dead" rule as this is your site, not mine. :p

I knew this thread would happen and end up exactly like this. Allow me to say, most of my favorite music is about as far from deathcore as you can get, but metal is only a sliver of what I listen to and Suicide Silence was a great band for what they were. I don't know if any of you have seen them live but it's a hell of a fun show, and it's a shame a passionate musician had to die so young. RIP.

I knew this thread would happen and end up exactly like this. Allow me to say, most of my favorite music is about as far from deathcore as you can get, but metal is only a sliver of what I listen to and Suicide Silence was a great band for what they were. I don't know if any of you have seen them live but it's a hell of a fun show, and it's a shame a passionate musician had to die so young. RIP.

I'd seriously attribute most of SS's early success to the fact that Mitch's energy was insane on stage. Now I'm doubly pissed that I missed an opportunity to see them live a few months ago.

i didnt make this thread out of disrespect. he seemed like a nice dude and i like some of their music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow everytime I hear about something like this it just makes me want to never leave my house because I'm instantly reminded of how fragile life is and that death could come at any moment.

death is only scary from the point of view of being alive. when you are already dead, there is nothing to worry about.

try to remember how you felt during the time of the nazis, or the pharoahs, or the dinosaurs. were you suffering? no, you were completely fine, because you did not exist. that's what death is like. i welcome death at any time and i don't give a shit.

that said, i'm more afraid of old age, being sick all the time, wrinkled and ugly to look at, and impotent. i hope to leave this world before 50.

I don't know why my post was deleted. This always happens whenever a metal musician tragically dies, a bunch of trolls come in applauding said musicians death, then other people call the trolls out for being dicks. Inevitably what follows are pointless arguments and insults. Maybe a locked R.I.P. sticky thread would have been the most appropriate route to go, I don't know. I just said that this thread was shit because I knew how it would all turn out. I honestly feel sorry for the guy and his family, so I don't think I deserve to have my post deleted because I called the thread shit and not the man.

Ok since you posted again I will reply why.

I don't think a thread/topic, this or any other, needs to be deleted because a few people ruin it for others wanting to post relevant responses. That's the simple answer. I would rather people control themselves or their responses like big boys vs. locking/deleting in situations like this.

His death was pretty sad, and I actually liked Suicide Silence's music, especially The Black Crown. R.I.P. Mitch.