Summer festivals 2010

Mhmm, how about to order some beer at the beer tent and then pour into a beer horn and sneak out into the audience. ;)

You can try, but it's very serious laws over here, you might get booted out from the festival and stripped from your armband, so I'd not take any chances.

Edit:
On something completely different -
You may not purchase tram tickets from the driver, either you need a SWedish cell phone number to send an SMS for a ticket.
Or you buy one with Swedish coins (think it's 25 SEK per single ride), don't think they accept credit cards yet, not sure.
Or you get sme sort of ticket in advance from Pressbyrån or other Västtrafik sales location.

I guess a 3 day unlimited Göteborg pass is recommended, 130 SEK.
http://www.vasttrafik.se/Priser--Pr...dsladdningar/1--och-3-dygnsladdning-Goteborg/

You can try, but it's very serious laws over here, you might get booted out from the festival and stripped from your armband, so I'd not take any chances.

Edit:
On something completely different -
You may not purchase tram tickets from the driver, either you need a SWedish cell phone number to send an SMS for a ticket.
Or you buy one with Swedish coins (think it's 25 SEK per single ride), don't think they accept credit cards yet, not sure.
Or you get sme sort of ticket in advance from Pressbyrån or other Västtrafik sales location.

I guess a 3 day unlimited Göteborg pass is recommended, 130 SEK.
http://www.vasttrafik.se/Priser--Pr...dsladdningar/1--och-3-dygnsladdning-Goteborg/

Damn, that's pretty strict. Over here it's quite the different, for instance at Tuska Open Air Festival, held in Helsinki, you can bring your own booze with you to the festival as long as it is in plastic bottles. Well nevermind that, this will be the only AA gig for me this year, so I'm not gonna risk missing it.

Yeah, that 3 day pass seems great, but looked at the map and will try to walk the places. :)

The wait is soon at an end,
it's time to set sail with the first morning rays,
heading for glorious beers,
with no sign of weakness and no signs of weariness.

I never write down which songs they play, or try to remember them that much, I mostly live in the moment.

However, I'm rather sure they played during the gig

Twilight of the Thunder God
Guardians of Asgaard
Victorious March
Death in Fire
1000 years of oppression
Runes to my memory
Live for the kill
Pursuit of vikings

Might also have been
Asator

Probably got something wrong, and most likely forgot one or two, but hey, gives sort of an idea what they played Saturday ;)

I first saw Amon Amarth on the Summer Breeze festival in Germany 2002 you can see me in the crowd holding the swedish flag in the beginning of this video: and I never saw them live again until the Metaltown festival this year and I must say DAMN why did I wait so long to see them again?!?!
The Metaltown gig was one of the best that the festival had to offer! Amon Amarth has a old/new fan to this day.
Thank you Amon Amarth for getting awesome with the years and I hope you guys have many more awesome years ahead of you!

//Jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
Show yesterday was awesome. Not the best sound they ever had but they obviously had a lot of fun on the stage. Johans voice was in good shape as well. So all in all it was a killer show once again :headbang:

Setlist as far as I can remember(no particular order):

Twilight of the Thundergod
Runes to my Memory
Valkyries Ride
Asator
The Last With Pagan Blood
Guardians of Asgaard
The Dragon's Flight Across The Waves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Thousand Years of Opression
Free Will Sacrifice
Valhall Awaits Me
Live For the Kill
Death in Fire
Victorious March

Encore:

Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

Nice Setlist....Though I would've loved to hear Gods of War Arise or Under the Northern Star. I would exchange any song on this set against one of these two...

Twilight of the Thundergod
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Varyags of Miklagaard
Guardians of Asgaard
Thousand Years of Opression
Live For the Kill
Death in Fire
Victorious March
Cry of the Blackbirds
Pursuit of Vikings

Something popped at the end of Cry of the blackbirds. The crowd kept going and Johan warmed us up for Pursuit. Very awesome!

Hej Wrathu, you are not alone! Summer Breeze 2002 was also the first time I saw Amon Amarth - thanks for the great YouTube video!! Unfortunately there is a big hole then until Rock Area 2009. And I ask myself, what have I done without them all those years... But I will definetely make it better for the future. Saw them again last week at Härtsfeldseeee and it was a really cool atmosphere there. Enjoyed every single second of the show :) Did anyone else went to the autograph session before the concert?

Thanks for playing at Sonisphere Switzerland. Your gig was the best of all! See you next time in Switzerland.

Some dirty impressions from Sonisphere 2010 in Switzerland :D

Last edited by a moderator: