Sun, Oct 11- Cane's Farewell Show, San Diego, CA?!?!

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
Hey everyone...in the latest email for upcoming shows, it says this...

Sun, Oct 11- Cane's Farewell Show, San Diego, CA

I checked Canes' website and it doesn't appear that they're closing....at least they don't say so.

Can someone please enlighten me on the "farewell" portion of the show? Who's leaving? :(

Yes, Cane's is closing their doors for good November 1st. If you look on the calendar/entertainment section of the site and go to November you will see the schedule is blank from Nov. 1st on. :cry:

We'll miss Cane's for sure!!! Last I heard from our good friend Mike in San Diego several months ago, was the rumor that they were going to put a giant wave machine thing there in its place. :cry: :err: *sigh*

So, come to Cane's and let's tear that place up one last time on the oceanfront!!!! :headbang:

Yes, Cane's is closing their doors for good November 1st. If you look on the calendar/entertainment section of the site and go to November you will see the schedule is blank from Nov. 1st on. :cry:

We'll miss Cane's for sure!!! Last I heard from our good friend Mike in San Diego several months ago, was the rumor that they were going to put a giant wave machine thing there in its place. :cry: :err: *sigh*

So, come to Cane's and let's tear that place up one last time on the oceanfront!!!! :headbang:

Awww maannn....that sucks, but you can count on me being there, Linda...right up front....the big bald fat guy returns....haha!

So...my brother works security for a fairly trendy (which I hate) hotspot here in town(I forget the name), but they have a heavy metal night (recently had a Metallica cover band play there), and he said he would see about getting them interested in having you ladies play there.

I'll come back here with the name of the place as soon as I speak to him.

I love it when you guys play the Second Wind Bar in Santee, but it's on Thursdays, and that always sucks for the next morning, having to go to work...so I can't make that sometimes....even though it's only a mile or two from home...lol.

There MUST be plenty of good places here in San Diego, that aren't TOO large. What about SOMA? I've never actually been in there.

This makes about as much sense as having a refrigerator at the north pole. Sounds doomed to me, it won't last long.

I agree....and by then, it'll be too late since Cane's will have long since been torn down :(

I loved seeing the girls at Canes!

*sniff* :(

I'll see what I can do to arrange to maybe make it :D

Hmm, a wave machine across the street from the ocean in the surfing capitol of America.

A business destined for greatness.

Damn I can't get off work the next day! Hopefully since it is a school night it may be an early show.

A 5:30am wake up is hard enough any day.

The Reader has an article about a month ago that the lease was up Nov 1 and hadn't been renewed at that time. Sounds like it never did get renewed. Sad to lose a cool venue.

Jim

Damn I can't get off work the next day! Hopefully since it is a school night it may be an early show.

A 5:30am wake up is hard enough any day.

The Reader has an article about a month ago that the lease was up Nov 1 and hadn't been renewed at that time. Sounds like it never did get renewed. Sad to lose a cool venue.

Jim

Ugh....I hadn't even considered the fact that it was a Sunday....crap...I really hope it's an early show, cause getting home at near 3am and then getting up at 5:30am....well....when I was 25 it was cool....but I'm 37 now...and it's...umm....NOT cool...LOL!

Ugh....I hadn't even considered the fact that it was a Sunday....crap...I really hope it's an early show, cause getting home at near 3am and then getting up at 5:30am....well....when I was 25 it was cool....but I'm 37 now...and it's...umm....NOT cool...LOL!

37? Bah, you damn kids get off my lawn. :lol:

Jim

Hmm, a wave machine across the street from the ocean in the surfing capitol of America.

A business destined for greatness.

it's actually quite the tourist attraction - there's one down the strand a bit already. people like to drink and eat while watching. it's the ultimate hd surfing channel! plus i think it appeals to those who want to try surfing but don't want to paddle out which is the hardest part lol. i've been catching waves since i was 9 and i don't understand it either tho. the whole package is wrong and removes the beauty of the sport.

it's actually quite the tourist attraction - there's one down the strand a bit already. people like to drink and eat while watching. it's the ultimate hd surfing channel! plus i think it appeals to those who want to try surfing but don't want to paddle out which is the hardest part lol. i've been catching waves since i was 9 and i don't understand it either tho. the whole package is wrong and removes the beauty of the sport.

Hey Sara....is it an early show? I wonder if I should nap all afternoon and just stay up all night...if you're going to play till nearly 2am as usual...LOL. have to be up for work at 5:30am anyway!

I have seen a lot of great shows there . I have also been to many venues around town that do not compare. There are not to many other places in town that will do what it takes to put on a really great show. I just hope what ever goes back in there will be just as good or better that Canes is now.