Sunday night and UMOS is busy as hell

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
I see that a lot of people are online. :)
Lets post!! What do you think should we have a sticky were everyone tells us about their latest discoveries?

What about a sticky about the latest cd's you bought?
Any other ideas you might have? Let me know! :)

its saturday....and me and Addict are CD hunting!! we went to like the only 4 music stores in town, and he got Overkill's Killbox 13, i got Relixiv...both great albums! and before that i recently got

Testament - Practice What You Preach (my new all time favorite album)
- The New Order (havent listened to it much, too busy spinning PWYR)

Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deciever (excellent album)

Coroner - Mental Vortex (love their cover of I Want You)

Well Droogie spoke for me, we were hardcore cd hunting we found a total of like 7 overkill albums we also found hidden treasures by Megadeth and we found a few testament, I got Killbox 13 as he said and I love it so far I have maybe played it twice but its just great :headbang:

Those are good additions by any standard! Seems you both are really exploring the field. And with two guys you can cover more ground! Thats cool! Thats what I did in the early 80s. We would go to the bigger cities in the Netherlands or Germany [Koln]!

Its fun to do this. But one tip for you guys. Whenever you go cd hunting don't ever take along any girls that don't like metal!! :)

Sorry ladies :) Just had a few very bad experiences with this.

Well I was going to put this on the festivals thread but I just got my ass kicked by a
brutal Death Thrash metal band last night from Michigan City Indiana aptly named
Psychomancer man they played some punishing metal But unfortanately since they
were a last minute addition to that show they did not have any merch so Im going
to have pick up that cd and their shirt later on. Here's a link if folks want to read about them and you should cause they freakin spit hot fire! www.angelfire.com/music3/psychomancer/main.html Enjoy! :headbang:

I was gonna make the 45 minute drive to the used CD place this afternoon, but bailed out on it. Maybe next weekend...

Hmmm... latest cd I picked up was Axel Rudi Pell - Shadow Zone (2002). I was expecting it to be a little more on the neoclassical or power metal side then it is. It reminds me a bit of Tony Martin-era Sabbath. I can't see it going into heavy rotation, but not a bad disk.

Hawk said:
Its fun to do this. But one tip for you guys. Whenever you go cd hunting don't ever take along any girls that don't like metal!! :)

Sorry ladies :) Just had a few very bad experiences with this.

Been there done that! It's the worst thing in the world... trust me.

Don't take 'em to concerts either! :ill: :erk:

I was watching the "Lost" marathon in AXN tonight so I didn't posted.

And now a hint for the ladies, don't take the guy along when you're going shoes hunting (been there done that, and I still believe buying CDs is quickier :lol: )

I recently bought
Hammerfall Chapter V
Nightrage Descent Into Chaos
BloodBath Nightmares Made Flesh
Overkill Relixiv
Overkill Unholy ( 2 cd set of Killbox and Wrecking everything live for 13 bucks)

rokk said:
Don't take 'em to concerts either! :ill: :erk:

I've made that mistake before.......I let my best friend take his girlfriend to see Van Halen with us and a mutual friend. BIIIIIG mistake. During Eddie's solo. she wouldn't stop talking! "This is boring! Where's the rest of the band? sit down! play "Jump"!!" Oh, it was horrible. And during "When It's Love" they wouldn't stop making out, and my friend would always accidentially hit me with his elbow, and he has sharp fuckin' elbows!! God, never again. NEVER AGAIN.

Wicked Child said:
they wouldn't stop making out, and my friend would always accidentially hit me with his elbow, and he has sharp fuckin' elbows!! God, never again. NEVER AGAIN.

I bet that if she would had making out with you the post will be different :lol: