Sunn O))) + Boris + Kim Thayil = why was I not informed?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
sunnborisaltar.jpg

sunn 0))) | boris | ALTAR

Jury is still out, only listened to it once but I enjoyed it. Still never listened to that Ulver/Sunn O))) thing, WOODeD_BONeR or whatever, although it's been on my iPud for months.

Hey you fucks. Good goat this forum is still slow as getting loaded off Butt Light.

EDIT: \/ The fuck is all that colorful shit.

The school newspaper, The Daily Tar Heel, voted "Pink" the No. 2 album of 2006. The No. 1? Some rap album!

Still never listened to that Ulver/Sunn O))) thing, WOODeD_BONeR or whatever, although it's been on my iPud for months.

Ulver and Sunn collaborating, get the fuck outta here...is this some kind of joke, because I know that never happened. As far as Altar goes, Etna and Fried Eagle Mind may be the best things released under either of the names involved.

I can't even keep up with all these bizarre adjectives anymore. Is calling something PANTS good or bad?

I'm interested in "Rainbow", the Boris collabo w/ Michio Kurihara that came out after the one with Sunn O))).

I still don't quite "get" this album, but I enjoy listening to it whenever I remember to do so, such as right now. I think Kim Thayil should resurrect Soundgarden and by "resurrect" I mean do a one man performance art show tuning and re-tuning his guitar into various alphabet soup arrangements, never play anything, and then firebomb the whole place for an encore.

The Ulver/Sunn O))) thing wasn't very good, but I only listened to it once.

I need more Boris.

Beer is fucking good.

the new one, Rainbow, with Michio Kurihara (he's played in Ghost, I think?, there's folks gay for them here, aye) is downright spectacular. One-ups pink which was a pinnacle in it's own right.

And listened to the boris/sunnO))) the other day, didn't really jive with it as much as the first few listens upon release. Outside of the jesse sykes track and whichever one is most melvins-ish, it doesn't really hold up. Still haven't heard the bonus track (on the disc titled "SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas" ... more soundgarden?!) but it has Dylan Carlson so it could be worthwhile.

Pink was not all that great, I say. Just doesn't seem to be a coherent album at all. Not my style may be all there is to it.

Rainbow, on the other hand, is pretty cool! Yeah, Michio Kurihara is quite esteemed in the field of Japanese psych. Which is a pretty awesome and densely populated field.

Well, tbh I thought the mp3s I had of the cd release did not flow at all. However the vinyl I picked up was a lot better due to a different track ordering, different versions of some song or two, blah blah. They have been messing with their attempt to mix styles for a while and it finally started to congeal with Pink. Akuma No Uta is perhaps a better mix of preferred styles (more heavy/drone) but it doesn't feel as well thought out as Pink turned out to be. IMO... of course I don't even listen to it now with my vinyl packed away, so it's been a while..