Sunset 28

Enchanted Nightfall

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2003
Portugal
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new in this Beseech world :) and i'm trying to discover more and more things about this wonderfull band. While i was seeking for the lyrics of Sunset 28, i found this information:
"...This song is dedicated to Jennifer Berg that lost her world 00-05-28. Carry on even if it's hard, with love Klas"
Anyone knows anything more about this? Probably i am too curious but..this song touch me very deep in my feelings :cool:

Enchanted Nightfall said:
Hello all,

I'm new in this Beseech world :) and i'm trying to discover more and more things about this wonderfull band. While i was seeking for the lyrics of Sunset 28, i found this information:
"...This song is dedicated to Jennifer Berg that lost her world 00-05-28. Carry on even if it's hard, with love Klas"
Anyone knows anything more about this? Probably i am too curious but..this song touch me very deep in my feelings :cool:

The song that Klas wrote was dedicated to Jennifer, a close friend to him´s child (7 year old little girl) that found him dead on the kitchen floor just 30 years old...
Without a mom or anything she "lost her world" that day the 28th...

/Robert Beseech

a close friend to him´s child (7 year old little girl) that found him dead on the kitchen floor
I didn't understand that part? What do you mean by "him's child", is it "his child" or I'm getting it wrong? So... this girl is a close friend to Klas's child or a close friend of Klas as a child (when he was a child). And who is the "him" that she found dead on the kitchen floor? I hope someone can clarify, I like that song a lot and wanted to know the meaning behind the lyrics. Thanks a lot.

It's badly phrased but I think he meant something like this : Klas had a friend, and this friend had a little daughter (Jennifer). On that fateful day, Jennifer found her father (Klas' friend) dead on the kitchen floor. I don't know why he uses "him" and then mentions lack of mother... maybe they were divorced, maybe one of the parents was already dead/gone.

In any case, this is a very sad story that explains why this song is so... emotional, more than any other one from Beseech I feel.

Aaaah, yes, it really makes sense now when you've explained it. Actually I'm even surprised I didn't read it that way the first time (facepalm). Thanks a lot for the reply! I didn't expect anyone to answer my question in a ten-year-old thread to be honest, especially within a month. As to the mother - based on what he's written I would assume she had already been dead, so after losing her father Jennifer was left all alone.