Superior 2 Question?

arin

Aug 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
okay, did some searching on this topic but didnt find much on here.

i want to know how you guys use S2.0.
When i had EZDrummer i would solo each track and export it as audio so i could actually see the wav files and then just import each track into my session named as Kick, Snare etc

now i've just bought superior and i feel lost again as its WAY more complicated.

when i do the multiple output thing in cubase it just shows the levels that each channel is coming out at. i want to be able to see the wav forms again but there are so many drums in Superior compared to EZ that exporting is going to take even longer!

what should do?

Essentially i want to record what is being played by superior as wav's and import them into my daw so i can edit them. whats the best way of doing this??

I don't use Cubase so I can't spell out the details. But if were wanting to do what you want to do, I would bus each output to an audio track, arm them and press record.
Just as if it was a real kit you've mic'd up.

I can't stand bouncing/importing.

Personally I'm just doing my own demoing, so I never even render my drums be they Superior or Slate/kontakt or a mixture. I just record the whole mix to a track - make it loud - export that one stereo file.

In Superior you'll see a button called bounce, hit that. Adjust the settings indicated by the lights/switches to your preference. Then, hit that big R button, this'll put it in to record mode.

Hit Play in your Daw, play the track thru and once done press stop in The Daw and click off the big R button. You should have a ton of samples recorded indicated by the relevant display. Go ahead and click bounce at the bottom of this window.

You can then import those tracks right in to your Daw as you're used to doing.

Apologies if that's not clear, it's 3:30am here and I'm half asleep. Post up if I can help ya further.

Edit:

Lemme just give you a heads up on the settings within the bounce window. If you're new to Superior it might be of some use.

Bounce Through Mixer: Does just that, will apply your effects/transients etc. to the wavs.

All Bleed On: Well, yeah... Bleed included or clean!

Split Direct From Bleeding: Gives you two wavs per mic, one clean, one with bleed.

The other one worth mentioning is Split Microphone. This'll split the OH's into individual wavs for cymbals rather than one containing all.