Superior drummer and LePou DI guitars ()

Danial

New Metal Member
Feb 9, 2011
http://soundcloud.com/danialmason/these-are-the-consequences

It's nowhere near done yet, but this is my first attempt at making a song with SD and LePou heads for my DI guitars. I'm just wondering opinions and how to make everything sound better.

I know there are some mad panning issues at the beginning, but those will be fixed soon

Also, if anyone can help me send all of the channels of my mixer in SD to my mixer in fl studio that would be a huge help, cuz i've been doing all of my drum mixing in their mixer which is no fun

Thanks,
Danial

Guitars are really hollow, the snare is way to thin and the room mic for the snare is too loud (if thats how you did it). Also HUGE issue, there is no bass guitar. The bass guitar defines your normal guitars. Definetly doesnt sound bad for a first attempt. What tuning is this in? I can record a quick bass line and send it to you to practice if you want

sounds like the master is pumping. ^I also agree the guitars sound hollow. But overall I like the sound you're going for.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help

@roflsaurus Yea i don't own a bass, so i'm waiting to borrow one from my band's bassist
that would be awesome if you could do that, i'm just tuned half step down and I think its in D

I was worried that before the guitars were too full so I may have run too much of a highpass, but i'll try to beef them back up

yea the room is pretty loud, I was going for a more natural loose feel is there a way to make it sound more natural without reverb on the kit(im having issues separating the drums to run my normal plugins on them) and without the room that loud?

@ubersyntax
what does that mean that the master is pumping? i'm assuming thats bad, too much compression maybe?

Thanks guys I appreciate the help

@roflsaurus Yea i don't own a bass, so i'm waiting to borrow one from my band's bassist
that would be awesome if you could do that, i'm just tuned half step down and I think its in D

I was worried that before the guitars were too full so I may have run too much of a highpass, but i'll try to beef them back up

yea the room is pretty loud, I was going for a more natural loose feel is there a way to make it sound more natural without reverb on the kit(im having issues separating the drums to run my normal plugins on them) and without the room that loud?

@ubersyntax
what does that mean that the master is pumping? i'm assuming thats bad, too much compression maybe?

Yeah usually that means the final mix had elements louder than others that were too loud, so when you compress it, it's trying to make the quiet parts louder and the really loud stuff quieter, so you get a 'pumping' vibe going on. It's only happening in a few parts. Overall it sounds good, but you may just want to go through and make sure all of your levels are pretty low before mastering. I usually try and keep my peaks at about -16 to -10db to leave enough headroom for mastering. Something in the background is a lot louder than the rest that could be causing this.