Question regarding Superior Drummer & FL Studio.

BeneathTheHolyGround

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hello, first post here. I was wondering if anyone knows how to send specific mixer channels out from Superior Drummer into FL Studio. What i want to do here is process just the snare & toms with some reverb without processing the rest of the drums. And hopefully without loading several instances. It seems like there is a way to do this, but the SD and the FL manuals make it out like i should know how already.

Thanks in advance!

Back when I used the ezdrummer+FL setup, I was never able to do this.. Switch to reaper. I promise it's worth it!

Back when I used the ezdrummer+FL setup, I was never able to do this.. Switch to reaper. I promise it's worth it!

Yeah, there are much better sequencers out there for sure. Trying to do the best with what i've got though. There are a lot of things i enjoy about FL. I've been working with it for years so i'm fairly comfortable with it. And as people like to say, the piano roll is pretty nice. I'm just new to SD and can't seem to figure this out. Maybe i will just load a second instance for the drums i want processed... *says goodbye to more cpu*

Yeah I was in the same boat. I was SOOO good with FL, and I absolutely loved the piano roll, but reaper is such a nice program and you can use it to its full capabilities for free, essentially.

It's not free, but it is only $60, and that's insane. I used to use cubase, and I will say Reaper, minus a few quirks, is just as good. Quit being a cheap skate. You get a shit load of free plugins with it too.

It's not free, but it is only $60, and that's insane. I used to use cubase, and I will say Reaper, minus a few quirks, is just as good. Quit being a cheap skate. You get a shit load of free plugins with it too.

.. I'm aware of it this. I own it. But one thing that draws people to reaper is the fact that you can use it for free as long as you want.

Hell, you dont even need Reaper to get the Reaper plugs.

They knocked it down to 40 bucks for the smaller license recently.

If by reverb you mean ROOM SAMPLES, then yes, SD2 had reverb.. They're quite.. superior.

There's a "transient designer" but no reverb plugin within superior. Perhaps later, i'll ask which sequencer is better for x amount of money, but for now, i would just like to know if it's possible to send a mixer channel out to a FL insert. Anyone know how to do this?

I don't think there is man. I tried for forever and never figured it out.

i think its doable, at least i do it with SSD (kontakt)

click "wrapper settings" on the left top side of the superior window and then "processing"
there you should have several outputs that you can route to other mixer tracks, if theres just one stereo output, it doesn't work

i think its doable, at least i do it with SSD (kontakt)

click "wrapper settings" on the left top side of the superior window and then "processing"
there you should have several outputs that you can route to other mixer tracks, if theres just one stereo output, it doesn't work

Hey, this works! Sort of. If i go to Superior's mixer and right click on a patch & select "multi-out" then use put the snare's mixer channels on an input of FL's mixer, i get processing! Unfortunately, this only works so far on a new project with no other mixer channels active. If i try it on a project with several channels active, nothing happens. But at least i know it's possible. Just a matter of pushing buttons until i get it to work now. Thanks man!

does reaper come with an usable pattern sequencer!?
when it comes to drum programming or putting midi
beats together there is no better way to do it than usinf FL and it's
"lego" workflow.

cheers
S.