Combining Superior 2.0 NY Avatar and TMF

Icee

Sep 22, 2010
How is this possible?

I got all the TMF sounds exported in different channels (Kick, Snare, OH, etc.). I like the kick and cymbals of TMF but I really hate the toms and the snare. Is it possible to change these to NY Avatar's without opening another instance of Superior Drummer? If so, how? :D

Thank you. :)

To be honest (if your PC can handle it) I would recommend having 3 different superiors open.

If you want to achieve a serious sound It works real well to use say the Cymbals and Toms from the avatar kit in your first superior, than the Kick from TMF in your second superior and the snare from either in the third.

This method (even more so paired with using the multichannel option) is the best for really fine tuning each part of the kit without worrying about other elements of the kit interfering with each other. For example I love to edit the snare by itself because I EQ the room mics and High Hat mics differently than I do with the cymbals and toms.

Hope that helps

To be honest (if your PC can handle it) I would recommend having 3 different superiors open.

If you want to achieve a serious sound It works real well to use say the Cymbals and Toms from the avatar kit in your first superior, than the Kick from TMF in your second superior and the snare from either in the third.

This method (even more so paired with using the multichannel option) is the best for really fine tuning each part of the kit without worrying about other elements of the kit interfering with each other. For example I love to edit the snare by itself because I EQ the room mics and High Hat mics differently than I do with the cymbals and toms.

Hope that helps

I wouldn't tax your RAM with three instances open. I would just bounce them all and then mix them.

There's a tutorial by Toontrack on YouTube explaining how to properly utilize their X-drum function. It's extremely useful.

To touch on what otop said, I'm more in favor of activating all the outputs of SD 2.0 through my DAW and individually editing them from there, rather than having three separate instances of it open at once. It just feels like there's more availability to build a really unique and good-sounding set that way.