Superior Drummer Hit Factory Kit

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
I've got a mix in progress and this is the first time I used the entire Hit Factory kit out of Superior. For some reason I never quite dug it before, but I think its really working on this mix and I love all the tight snappy snares the library has to offer. I did not not use any trigger replacing as I'm trying to keep things as natural as possible, 100% bleed on all channels and all. What do you guys think so far? On a side note, the master limiter is just barely being hit until I finish the whole song.

BTW, guitars are KPA with a mix between Lasse's 5150 profile and my own 5150 profile, both into 1960V cabs. Bass is PODX3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jgcwv9too40nql/Strange%202013.mp3

Here's a volume limited version for a hotter listen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6st93v534svwgkm/Strange%202013M.mp3

Sounds great. Reminds me of Karnivool.
Drums are cool for sure.
Please post the full song when it's finished. Would love to listen to it.
What band is it?

Cool
Mesa MK4 would KILL on this if you can get a hold of one (or profile)
If you want to send me backing and DI guitars I could re-amp with the MK4 for you to check it out.
I think it would really bring the mids and strings within the chords forward in the mix.

My man!:headbang: this song it´s one of my favourite. The song has some quite changes, I hear a lot of layers that werent in the original. Even the vox is mixed very differently.

Sound tits knowing that hasnt samples in it. Maybe the snare it´s sticking out a bit too much. Otherwise, sounds quite good.

Cool
Mesa MK4 would KILL on this if you can get a hold of one (or profile)
If you want to send me backing and DI guitars I could re-amp with the MK4 for you to check it out.
I think it would really bring the mids and strings within the chords forward in the mix.

Haha, no DI tracks on this, just tone straight out of the Kemper. I've been doing that to lock myself into mixing instead of endless reamping. I need an assistant for reprint because I never know when to stop. Plus, one thing I've noticed is that my playing style changes depending on what amp playing through. By reamping, I feel those subtle factors add up and something lacks in the performance. The amp dictates what you end up playing and I'm trying to respect that here. Maybe I'll start recording both processed tone and DI simultaneously so I have the best of both worlds.
But I hear you on the attack of the Mark. A little more chord clarity would not hurt at all on the chorus and the 5150 ain't exactly a clear amp in that respect. I may gain it down a bit on the chorus.

My man!:headbang: this song it´s one of my favourite. The song has some quite changes, I hear a lot of layers that werent in the original. Even the vox is mixed very differently.

Sound tits knowing that hasnt samples in it. Maybe the snare it´s sticking out a bit too much. Otherwise, sounds quite good.

Thanks man! I'm overhauling this entire song. It's been a thorn in my side for quite some time now. I wanted to make it more open and a lot less mechanical which we all know is a real task when working with midi drums. I still have a lot of work on this one though, so we'll see how it goes.

About the snare sticking out, that's the first thing I noticed when I listened in my car this morning. I'll try a limiter on the drum bus as opposed to a clipper which is reigning the snare peaks in. An L1 should tame it nicely.