Support Scottish Power Metal! - Ascension to play Metalfest UK! :O

It's just a little annoying, personally. If you can't win a competition off of your current fanbase without "fighting dirty" (spamming the hell out of every forum and everyone's myspaces with add requests and messages) then chances are you don't deserve to win it. Sorry, just my personal opinion.

Right, I see. I don't like to see spam but couldn't the band say it was part of their 'campaign' to get voted in? It's for a competition so they want votes it's not just flagrant advertising?

He started it! :lol:

Unfortunately these online competitions always come down to this, which is why I regretted the decision for putting the Spell into it soon after.

Just a word of advice to the Ascension guys: the way you're going about this is getting on a lot of peoples nerves. I'm sure you're all nice guys but you should really think about the impressions youre giving of youselves to other bands and potential fans. It IS a competition but in the long run, once its all over, these other bands are ones you're going to be looking to for support. When they see your name the first thing they will think is 'oh these guys are the band that said we weren't worthy to play metalfest'. These kinds of things stick in peoples minds.

We are not rivals, we cant afford to put eachother down to get places.

There was no need to post that either though, Andy. But I do appreciate your undying love for us. :p

He started it! :lol:

Unfortunately these online competitions always come down to this, which is why I regretted the decision for putting the Spell into it soon after.

Just a word of advice to the Ascension guys: the way you're going about this is getting on a lot of peoples nerves. I'm sure you're all nice guys but you should really think about the impressions youre giving of youselves to other bands and potential fans. It IS a competition but in the long run, once its all over, these other bands are ones you're going to be looking to for support. When they see your name the first thing they will think is 'oh these guys are the band that said we weren't worthy to play metalfest'. These kinds of things stick in peoples minds.

We are not rivals, we cant afford to put eachother down to get places.

There was no need to post that either though, Andy. But I do appreciate your undying love for us. :p
Undying love will continue.

I appreciate I may have been a tad harsh. I also appreciate that when it comes down to battle of the bands competitions that everyone wants their band to win and will do whatever they can to make sure they do. But for me personally, there's a line between promoting yourselves and annoying potential fans by bombarding them.

To the Ascension guys: it's great you clearly REALLY want to play MetalFest, you have great spirit and belief in yourselves and that will work to a band's advantage. All I recommend is that you try to obtain fans by spreading word of your music in moderation. I wish you the best of luck in playing and becoming successful, but just go about it the right way and you will command far more respect for it. :)