surprisingly, this thread is about music

1. iron maiden - brave new world
- excuse me? I´ve noticed that it was on the Finnish charts ages ago, but I don´t have any other information of this album.

2. halford - resurrection - nope.
3. nevermore - dead heart in a dead world - nope.
4. pantera - reinventing the steel - nope.
5. in flames - clayman - Borrowed a copy of this from a friend of my brother when it came out.
6. cradle of filth - midian - my friend forced me to listen this album. we also played a cover of Her ghost in a fog.
7. helloween - the dark ride - nope.
8. demons & wizards - demons & wizards - what?!?
9. hammerfall - renegade - nope.
10. symphony x - v -nope.

1. iced earth - the horror show - nope.
2. slayer - god hates us all - I remember hearing the tittle-track of this album as a live version from Metalliliitto. Didn´t like then. (2002?)
3. system of a down - toxicity - heard only few songs, but because this album considered as a "new" classic, I am planning to get to know more of the songs.
4. kreator - live kreation - should include at least Violent revolution.
5. opeth - blackwater park - heard few songs because of a friend who owns this album.
6. megadeth - the world needs a hero - nope.
7. slipknot - iowa - heard one or two songs: heretic anthem (good) and gently.
8. dimmu borgir - puritanical euphoric misanthropia - my friends listened this like bitches so I got the compulsory DB-lessons for free.
9. children of bodom - follow the reaper - i at least owned the copy of this. Was a huge fan i guess.
10. tool - salival -nope.

2002 vote here: http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2002.htm

1. opeth - deliverance - heard a bit more than Blackwater park. Has some quality riffs at least.
2. blind guardian - a night at the opera -nope.
3. dark tranquillity - damage done -starting evovle into a quite good DT-album. I own.
4. in flames - reroute to remain - few songs, didn´t like.
5. immortal - sons of northern darkness - heard only the tittle-track.
6. symphony x - odyssey -nope.
7. soilwork - natural born chaos - my friend is a huge fan of Soilwork --. I also have this on mp3´s.
8. iron maiden - rock in rio -nope.
9. dream theater - six degrees of inner turbulence -nope.
10. nightwish - century child -heard few songs, didn´t like too much.

2003 vote here: http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2003.htm

1. iron maiden - dance of death -nope.
2. dimmu borgir - death cult armageddon - heard only the video-track plus some songs live, I guess.
3. opeth - damnation - heard only one song. not much of a fan.
4. arch enemy - anthems of rebellion - nope.
5. children of bodom - hate crew deathroll -i bought this album as a present to my brother. kind of good, when i need of a ridiculous use of the f-word. fuck yeah.
6. dream theater - train of thought - nope.
7. anthrax - we've come for you all - nope.
8. nevermore - enemies of reality -bope.
9. metallica - st. anger - heard few songs. compared to older metallica-albums/-songs - pure crap.
10. cradle of filth - damnation and a day - heard maybe one song. maybe.

2004 vote here: http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2004.htm

1. megadeth - the system has failed - nope.
2. exodus - tempo of the damned - nope
3. iced earth - the glorious burden - nope
4. nightwish - once - good nightwish album. at first i was very sceptic and even the first listening times sucked, but now i enjoy it very much. my brother onws it.
5. cradle of filth - nymphetamine - heard the tittle-track.
6. lamb of god - ashes of the wake -nope
7. mastodon - leviathan - heard few songs. haven´t made my mind just yet about it.
8. slipknot - vol. 3: the subliminal verses - has some good songs, at least the ones that i´ve heard.
9. in flames - soundtrack to your escape - nope
10. anthrax - music of mass destruction - nope

a: 50
b: 41
c: 36 (actual copies of 15 of them, 21 as mp3s only). i wouldn't have too many of them on a top ten list, though...

I've heard about all of them, I've heard 16 of them and I own eight of those.
I've heard five of the albums on the list from 2000, and only one from the last list, which means I'm becoming more and more tr00. Happy happy, joy joy.

i've heard about 30% of the listed records, and you know which ones those are so i won't make a mess of quoting/unquoting and stuff. :p

ah, and every time someone mentions halford i tend to go into laughing fits.

*rolls eyes @ hyena's Halford comment*

I'm not going to rank albums either but I will admit to liking more than half the artists/albums listed.

But aside from that, I'm going to let everyone in on something that is popular here, and this is a HUGE deal (at least for me), so pay attention. :p

Ok. First a little background info for the newbs. (To the vets on the board, sorry for the redundancy.) A few years ago I made some recordings of some bands for my ex-hubby, Paul. Some of the bands included Swedish Melo-Death bands like DT and In Flames (among others). I don't think he gave them the proper listening attention at the time and even made an off-hand comment to me about how listening to that music was like being hit over the head with a sledgehammer. :lol: We don't talk every day or even every week; sometimes months go by without contact but when we do speak we sometimes talk about what shows we're planning to attend or what new albums we're excited about. I'd mention stuff that I like - some of it being Swedish - and so on...

Well, get this, yesterday I learned that he will be attending an upcoming Ozzfest show and he mentioned how he is really looking foward to seeing IN FLAMES (muahahahaha! \m/ \m/), and maybe even ARCH ENEMY if he arrives early enough. (haha! yeaaaah baby) :headbang: :tickled:

I almost dropped the phone and fell out of my seat. Anyway, that's my story for the day, and here are the catch phrases:

"word of mouth"
"give the gift of music"
"progression"

That is all. Thanks for reading. :D

x means I own it.

1. iron maiden - brave new world
Boring... "fuckin' maiden" are fuckin' old, boring, generic, and were never that great in the first place
2. halford - resurrection
We know you love the banana, but other men don't, I like Priest but this isn't worth listening to
x3. nevermore - dead heart in a dead world
Good. I own this one.
4. pantera - reinventing the steel
Pantera, lol (lol means that this is a joke of a joke, because pantera aren't even mediocre)
x5. in flames - clayman
Excellent, one of my favorites
6. cradle of filth - midian
Die. You're a joke, now celebrate your 13th birthday by killing yourself.
7. helloween - the dark ride
Decent but not something I'm excited over
8. demons & wizards - demons & wizards
Honestly haven't heard it, just of it
x9. hammerfall
- renegade
I love Hammerfall, so much that i just went to very extreme conditions to see them. One of my favorite bands since I was ten (thats seven years)
10. symphony x - v
Don't know this one either

x1. iced earth - the horror show
Not my favorite Iced Earth album, but good nonetheless
2. slayer - god hates us all
I won't even give them the honor to blow me. You're old, and you would be better off blowing a goat. Is there really nothing better about you than your skin color? Oh boy you can choose an old KKK symbol for your album cover. You're known for the breakdown in Raining Blood, which was nice, but the rest of your music sucks. I take Anal Cunt more seriously than you.
3. system of a down - toxicity
Boring. s/t was decent, but you're not the great, innovative musicians you think you are. Honestly, Coolio did a much better job of making political and social statements. Yes I like Coolio. No, I dont like SoaD.
x4. kreator - live kreation
Kreator are a great, fun band. Normally I dont play live albums alot, but I like the music so this gets credit.
x5. opeth - blackwater park
A classic. Not much needs to be said.
6. megadeth - the world needs a hero
You need a hero, so you can die jumping off a building. 15 minutes is long up, and even though peace may sell, your records don't.
7. slipknot - iowa
Not worth a comment
x8. dimmu borgir - puritanical euphoric misanthropia
This was decent, but Dimmu Borgir faded out. I wouldn't own this if it wasn't for theit previous albums and a price tag of $6
9. children of bodom - follow the reaper
Lyrics reminiscent of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series plus the best shredding a feminine finnish rabbit can pull off. Also, horrible live show (next time move your feet instead of just your knees)
10. tool - salival
Tool are even more overrated than Slipknot. Trying to be a NIN clone failed, and "art metal" is not a real genre. Hard rock art fags? I can't explain how irritating this band and its fans are.

2002http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2002.htm

x1. opeth - deliverance
The weakest Opeth album to me but still great.
2. blind guardian - a night at the opera
Its nice to hear occasionally with friends, but I'm not too big on this (still pretty good)
xxx3. dark tranquillity - damage done
I own three copies. Promo, Regular, Digipak. Enough said.
xx4. in flames - reroute to remain
The turning point of In Flames. I own the promo and regular, and I like the music, just not on par for an In Flames album.
x5. immortal - sons of northern darkness
Pretty good but gets boring
6. symphony x - odyssey
Haven't heard it
x7. soilwork - natural born chaos
First Soilwork album I like. Great show opening for In Flames, "Rejection Role" live made me like the band
8. iron maiden - rock in rio
Hi, we're old burnouts who need money. Coming soon, "Suck in San Salvador"
9. dream theater - six degrees of inner turbulence
Nothing special to me, I've never seen what other see in Dream Theater
10. nightwish - century child
I don't own it, and Nightwish are beginning to annoy me. They used to be much better, and their music is good for, err... doing "something"

2003http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2003.htm

1. iron maiden - dance of death
Are you dancing yet? Die already, you suck. I could've made a better cover with 3D rendering samples.
2. dimmu borgir - death cult armageddon
You are no longer a credible band. Stop before you stoop too low.
x3. opeth - damnation
Interesting album, not the best but its worth owning.
4. arch enemy - anthems of rebellion
Hi, we have a "hot blonde chick" in the band. She tries to sing.
5. children of bodom - hate crew deathroll
I believe the master tapes of this album were switched with the new Anal Cunt album. AC are considerably ahead of them now.
6. dream theater - train of thought
If it keeps the Mike Portnoy fanboys from crying, its fine with me. Nothing special to me.
7. anthrax - we've come for you all
They've done better, but this isnt bad.
x8. nevermore - enemies of reality
Good album. Nevermore are a good thrash band, which is increasingly rare nowadays...
9. metallica - st. anger
Load sucked. Reload sucked more. Take your name off of this and slap a MADE IN CHINA sticker where it was, it'll save you embarassment.
10. cradle of filth - damnation and a day
The mexican hat dance is more metal. And you suck too. I still can't believe anyone who was in ATG is in this mediocre act. I've seen better playing inside a highschool.

2004http://www.bnrmetal.com/pages/vote-2004.htm

1. megadeth - the system has failed
How far can you go on a name? Too far.
2. exodus - tempo of the damned
Havent heard it.
x3. iced earth - the glorious burden
I love this album. Amazin performance live too. If you're machines are broken, why not play one guitar in either hand? Works for them (you are a great live show)
4. nightwish - once
I can't take you seriously anymore even if you are Nightwish. You're too gay to be Nightwish.
5. cradle of filth - nymphetamine
Was there a baby boom ten years ago? Did Hot Topic stuff the ballot boxes? Why does this band still exist?
x6. lamb of god - ashes of the wake
I haven't yet expected too much from this band, and their music is growing to be much better quality.
7. mastodon - leviathan
Not bad but not that good either.
8. slipknot - vol. 3: the subliminal verses
David Letterman was more metal than you. Go shoot yourselves with corncobs you fucking hicks.
x9. in flames - soundtrack to your escape
Different. But its pretty good. Still nowhere near what they used to be :(
10. anthrax - music of mass destruction
Didnt know they made an album since "We've come for you all"