Suspyre gig in NYC!

usaprogmusic

ProgPowerGRRL
Suspyre has been booked for a gig in NYC on Saturday, February 16th. Time TBA. Unfortunately this is a 21+ w/ID gig.

The Underscore
1733 1st Ave.
NYC, NY
Cost: $10 (Please mention you are there to see Suspyre when you pay your cover charge)

also includes 2 other very awesome prog metal bands you should check out (from NJ): www.myspace.com/eternalessence and www.myspace.com/athem

This is going to be an awesome show if you can make it - lots of surprises! Anyone want to join the street team for this gig?

God, I hate being young. I'm not even gonna lie, I think it's total BS that they have to play a 21+ show. With a band where there's potential violence in the crowd(Like, a hardcore band or something) I can see why you'd make it 21+, but it's not like you can expect anything bad to come from a prog metal show.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait. D:

God, I hate being young. I'm not even gonna lie, I think it's total BS that they have to play a 21+ show. With a band where there's potential violence in the crowd(Like, a hardcore band or something) I can see why you'd make it 21+, but it's not like you can expect anything bad to come from a prog metal show.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait. D:

The 21+ rule also doesn't have to do with maturity of pre-21s; it has to do with the drinking age. The club will be held responsible if someone under 21 is caught with alcohol, so they try to stay as far away from this fiasco as possible.

Yeah, I know it's more o nthe drinking age, but they could stop that by doing like, the black X on your hand when you come in or whatever to prevent them from giving you alcohol or whatever. >_> I mean, it's not that difficult. Heh

Yeah, I know it's more o nthe drinking age, but they could stop that by doing like, the black X on your hand when you come in or whatever to prevent them from giving you alcohol or whatever. >_> I mean, it's not that difficult. Heh

Yep, that's what I always say. But there's always that annoying kid somewhere that manages to get caught with alcohol to ruin it for the good kids.

well every concert ive gone to has been $5 and up for beer. I don't think Id buy that when I am old enough.:lol:

In the end its lame, every concert I have been too has had beer for sale.
That is why Michigan rulz ppl :cool: that and we have harpos.

And whatever happened to getting fake IDs ppl? If suspyre was going to play live I wouldn't shave for a week and get a doner card with Mclovin on it and try to get in.

well every concert ive gone to has been $5 and up for beer. I don't think Id buy that when I am old enough.:lol:

In the end its lame, every concert I have been too has had beer for sale.
That is why Michigan rulz ppl :cool: that and we have harpos.

And whatever happened to getting fake IDs ppl? If suspyre was going to play live I wouldn't shave for a week and get a doner card with Mclovin on it and try to get in.

Nice post Mclovin!

I could get a fake ID and I'd pass for 21 with my actual picture. I'm a hairy motherfucker.

I wonder, maybe I should. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna do anything..wrong. I don't plan on drinking. >_____>

Well i see your the manager/booking agent.

So far id say youve done a great job. getting them into Europe's prog power fest.

Though I have a problem. THAT IS THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF MICHIGAN!!!!
:lol:

Following my outburst I have a question that may annoy you, and I don't mind if you can't answer.

When will Suspyre come to Michigan? I can understand that running around by themselves on a tour is marketing suicide (for now) but has there been any discussions of a support or opening act for other prog/power bands on a large scale tour?

Well i see your the manager/booking agent.

So far id say youve done a great job. getting them into Europe's prog power fest.

Though I have a problem. THAT IS THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF MICHIGAN!!!!
:lol:

Following my outburst I have a question that may annoy you, and I don't mind if you can't answer.

When will Suspyre come to Michigan? I can understand that running around by themselves on a tour is marketing suicide (for now) but has there been any discussions of a support or opening act for other prog/power bands on a large scale tour?

Honestly,

We're trying to finalize a deal to do half of a tour that's in the works. The reason we can only do half is that I have a 9 to 5 job and can't take off whenever I wish. It sucks, but I also live in NJ and have to pay rent. My first two years up here I paid $850 and change for a studio apartment.

I've gotten to know some cool guys in other bands along the way here, and the one thing I seem to notice is that I am in the minority when it comes to day jobs. Most guys have jobs like waiters and such...which is awesome because they can take off pretty much when needed and run around the world...but I can't. :erk:

If we ever reach the point where we can support ourselves completely through music...then we should be touring our butts off. For now...we are VERY limited to what we can do. It's certainly not what we wish...because we got offered Two full weeks of a tour...and could only accept half of the tour. We don't know if we'll get that chance because they want someone for the full tour. However, if anything happens...you will know.

Thanks.

Clay, I appreciate the update. I understand your frustration, and I know you understand a fans frustration of not being able to see a favorite band live. Of course we would all love to see Suspyre be able to get out and tour more often but at least we will be getting all new music soon enough, and that should appease us for a while.

Work sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

Clay, I appreciate the update. I understand your frustration, and I know you understand a fans frustration of not being able to see a favorite band live. Of course we would all love to see Suspyre be able to get out and tour more often but at least we will be getting all new music soon enough, and that should appease us for a while.

Work sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

It does indeed.