Suspyre last.fm group

The point of last.fm is to find recommendations and even possibly make friends and shit based on musical compatibility. *shrug* That's how I always saw it. That, and some people just like knowing how many times they listened to a band . Just to sit back and think "Wow, I only listened to songs by this band 500 times? Seems like waaaaay more" or "Holy shit it's already over 2000 listens? Jesus, I should try something new"

I made a last.fm just because I wanted to see how much I actually listened to a certain band or song over a year (my account is over a year old now) in time. I like looking at statistics that involve what I do everyday. It's fun for me.

I rarely use the recommendation or friends system.

my last.fm is tarnished because i get a bunch of bad rec's from coheed and cambria, 30 seconds to mars, and other bands people go "lol emo" about.

getting rec'd taking back sunday makes me weep

lol, i know. even though they're not totally progressive rock and do get some of the rap for being "emo", they're definitely not nearly as much as they're made out to be.

plus they're awesome.

i also don't feel like killing off my lists because i like how pain of salvation has so many more plays in comparison to everything else on it.

Man, I felt like bumping this topic because looking at last.fm made me smile.

It says:

Suspyre (read more)
19,126 plays scrobbled on Last.fm

Almost 20,000 seperate occasions of people listening to your songs. That's great. @_@ I mean, it's not a huge amount compared to the hundreds of thousands other bands have, but considering hardly anyone knows about you, 20,000 is a damn solid number. I'm glad to see how many people are starting to listen to you guys.

I remember I posted about last.fm last December, to mention I wrote the description. They're 11th on my play list, but I wear their tshirt more then the other band shirts :cool:

You should change the group (if it's possible) so that it doesn't require Suspyre in a person's top 50 - you're limiting the exposure the band could be getting from people viewing others' groups - just a thought! :)