Swampsong

The Bringer said:
It's been easy so far to find music I could never find in Canada. I'm loving it here! :D

But doesn't it get expensive sometimes?

Btw...why does it say in your profile that you're from Finland even if you live in Canada? Are you Finnish or Canadian and where do you live in? Or are you moving to Finland like you said in one thread...?

He bought a different version of the album (since it's an import), and that's reason enough to own the album, if you're a true fan of something.

Hail!

I am also a completist when it comes to Japanese albums and so forth, and I too expect have purchased a copy of the Japanese Swampsong. Unfortunately I have not received it yet, however, I expect it on Wednesday of this week. When I am passionate about a band's music I do all I can to get all of their music, regardless of cost. For example, I own Japanese editions of all of the Sonata Arctica albums in addition to every EP and single I can/could/will get my hands on ... it's completely worth it when you love a band enough.

I once bought a japanese version of an album. I hadn't even heard of this band called Buried Dreams and I bought the album for like 35 euros...and just because I meant to buy a Burden of Grief album but somehow I mixed up the names :loco: Fortunately the BD album was better than BoG's albums.

Kirurgisti said:
I once bought a japanese version of an album. I hadn't even heard of this band called Buried Dreams and I bought the album for like 35 euros...and just because I meant to buy a Burden of Grief album but somehow I mixed up the names :loco: Fortunately the BD album was better than BoG's albums.

You seemed to have gotten off VERY lucky then. ;)

Kirurgisti said:
But doesn't it get expensive sometimes?

Btw...why does it say in your profile that you're from Finland even if you live in Canada? Are you Finnish or Canadian and where do you live in? Or are you moving to Finland like you said in one thread...?

I'm Canadian but I live in Finland now with my fiancee. I moved here about 3 weeks ago from British Columbia, Canada.

Today I received my Japanese copy of the album and am quite happy with Suodeth. It is a special song for Kalmah, and a bit different, as it has a folk feel which is something rather new to the band (to some degree, anyhow). I'm glad I bought it.

Frostenblood said:
Hail!

I am also a completist when it comes to Japanese albums and so forth, and I too expect have purchased a copy of the Japanese Swampsong. Unfortunately I have not received it yet, however, I expect it on Wednesday of this week. When I am passionate about a band's music I do all I can to get all of their music, regardless of cost. For example, I own Japanese editions of all of the Sonata Arctica albums in addition to every EP and single I can/could/will get my hands on ... it's completely worth it when you love a band enough.

So you going to see Sonata Arctica at Harpos on Jan. 28th? I've got my tickets! I live in Ann Arbor btw.