Swanö/Black Mark relations

Mr. Niel

Dec 27, 2005
Orlando, FL, USA
www.mrniel.net
I'm sort of curious as to the current relations of Dan and Black Mark. Obviously they have had a long relationship over the years but Dan, and Dag especially, has complained about several records failing to be promoted correctly (I, Moontower, White Darkness...off the top of my head).

Seems some of Dan's stuff could have at least gotten a smidge more popular had it not been released on Black Mark. :err:

I remember reading an old interview where Dan said he felt confortable with Black Mark, that they gave him freedom to do his stuff... I guess that came with a price :)

I think Nightingale could gain A LOT from a label switch and unless Black Mark starts showing some interest that's the only way to get the attention the band deserves (well, besides some heavy touring of course...:rolleyes: )

well, it was posted that 2nd sky signed to a bigger label. we don't know what the status is to that one however.

Didn't Dan say SS is signed to The End Records?

I too remember reading that interview about Black Mark. Dan feels happy with them. However, with just about ANY other label, Whire Darkness would have done better. Possibly Dan's finest vocal performance ever. Perhaps their best songwriting ever. DEFINITELY their best production ever. Yet the album slipped in under the radar thanks to BM.

I hate Black Mark. No promotion, nothing. Very little distribution to the U.S. Horrible web site, confusing ordering process.

Dan deserves better.