Another Swanö produced Torture Division tune available!

Lord K

Busy pissing on you
May 2, 2002
www.theprojecthate.net
And this time it's a fucken cover, ladies and germs. The title of the topic is misleading though... Dan's mixed it. We have no idea who fucken produced it. Like you care... Anyways..

You wanna know what Mastodon really should sound like, huh? We thought so, and that’s why we have decided to record a cover of their tune “Iron tusk”. Why this particular song? None of us listens to Mastodon, you know. Well, to make a long story short; this cover was meant to end up on a compilation CD (spanning over albums from the 1990′s to 2011, and we all know Mastodon’s a quality act that people obviously dig, recording a tune by them would give us major exposure to further dominate the world… ehum…), that eventually never saw the light of day – meaning we now give it to you becoz we are absolutely amazing. This is how we would have made this song, had we written it in the first place. But we didn’t, we just thought it would be nice to Mastodon to make a proper tune out of it. Kidding, kidding… Mastodon’s cool. They are no Torture Division, but hey – can’t win them all.

Hope you guys enjoy it – we sure did when we recorded it. Thanx to hero/legend/friend Dan Swanö för another amazing production courtesy of www.unisound.se.

Click this shit to be amazed.

In related news: as reported earlier, our latest demo “Through the eyes of a dead” (again masterfully mixed by Mr. D) will be available at www.torturedivision.net in a few weeks. You can prolly find it on the Internet already – which of course is fine by us. We exist to give you guys free music. Show your appreciation by donating a dollar or 2 so we can continue to do this.

Now you can go back to go fuck yourselves/be lovable.

Can't listen yet, cans faulty and MOTHER would GET SCARED. Who sings on it?

I was going to say something of the sort. I just re-imagined it as a Torture Division song, kind of like Thor is no longer a Manowar song to me because the Therion version is so fucken more amazing.

I find that happens a lot with Manowars songs. Just look at how EoS took Blood of My Enemies and completely destroyed the original. :worship:

Same goes for Dan, you FUCKING RULE. In fact I have a hard time deciding who rules harder than you or Kecko ;)

And that's how you do a cover song in my opinion. Make it your own or do not bother with it.

Yeah. I just meant the original was not that notable, and you took a non-notable song and made it rock. Thus the Thor Manowar-Therion comparison.

But sometimes you get a good cover of a good song that gets, as you say, reinvented. Dark Tranquility did a cover of Sentenced's Broken, and while I like the original "better," I do quite like the cover because it's so different. And pretty rockin'.

Not that you guys do pop metal (I guess that's what I'd venture to label Sentenced). Still, enjoyed the cover a lot, even though I was never a fan of the band that made the original.

We are no fans of Mastodon either, but that tune is obviously a great one. Even more so with our version, haha...

Light: No. I do not have Facebook.

You should, there's too many inferior creatures imitating you. SEEK AND DESTROY.... UTTERLY!