Sweden Rock festival

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
www.swedenrock.com
I was wondering if anyone is going to this festival? It's my first time. There will be about 70 bands all in all, about 40 are confirmed. I'm mainly here for Heaven & hell.
Looks like I'm going by myself.

A few of the bands confirmed:

Heaven and hell (Sabbath with Dio)
Blind guardian
Iced earth
Falconer
Korpiklaani
Dimmu borgir
Symphony X
Kreator
Annihilator...

Hultsfred festival is a few days after, but I'm not sure about that.​

Great! I want to come!!!!!!!
Is there anyone who can host me at his home :loco:
Then I'll host someone for Gods of Metal, in Milan:headbang:

Yep.
I live about half an hour's drive from the festival and have been there ever since they started it back in '94, when it actually was located in my hometown and then called Karlshamn Rock Festival.
Bought my ticket yesterday and I'm looking forward seeing Heaven & Hell, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth and Tiamat so far...

Where?? give some advices if you can..thanx:)
Is there anyone that want to come to Gods Of Metal??

Well, the entire festival has a huge camping area but of course you have to be there quite early because the area gets occupied very fast. It all really depends on when you're aiming at coming, but I could probably try and hold a place for a tent next to our camp.
Would love to go to Gods of Metal but as usual, the issue of money will be the main thing.

Holy shit!!!... I'm so far and no money....

fuck, someday I'll go to sweden (or norway, germany or italy) to see all my favouite bands...

Well, the entire festival has a huge camping area but of course you have to be there quite early because the area gets occupied very fast. It all really depends on when you're aiming at coming, but I could probably try and hold a place for a tent next to our camp.
Would love to go to Gods of Metal but as usual, the issue of money will be the main thing.

I really would like to come! but another problem is that I'm not 18 yet!:loco: I have to convince my parents!!!
But if anyone want to come to Italy for some concert( I will see Kreator, in March...) or festival..or see my band live...would be a pleasure:headbang:
But my bigger dream still remains see Vintersorg Live!!

Gods of metal sounds really good, but Sweden rock is pretty similar. I'd love to go to Italy since I havent been there before. But I've decided for Sweden rock. So Draugen, maybe I'll see you there metal-kompis.

I've been to Wacken 5 times & Roskilde 1 time, so I'm familiar with the camping atmosphere, and I love it. Silly people, drunkenness and good music :)

Djöfull;5932496 said:
Gods of metal sounds really good, but Sweden rock is pretty similar. I'd love to go to Italy since I havent been there before. But I've decided for Sweden rock. So Draugen, maybe I'll see you there metal-kompis.

I've been to Wacken 5 times & Roskilde 1 time, so I'm familiar with the camping atmosphere, and I love it. Silly people, drunkenness and good music :)

gods of metal is not that good for me this year, and above all is very expensive....buuuut...sweden is not around the corner :cry:
i'm waiting to know which bands will play at the evolution festival (last year korpliklaani, finntroll, amon amarth, haggard, destruction, saxon ,death angel, ensiferum, moonspell), so i cross my fingers.....
i would like falconer to come to italy this year, i've seen them only once at wacken years ago...

The last of the big headliners is to be announced on monday. Hope it's something cool, not some burnout 80 glam rock :/

But anyway, it's going to be fun although I'm by myself. Hopefully I'll find some nice people to hang out with.

Djöfull;5938573 said:
The last of the big headliners is to be announced on monday. Hope it's something cool, not some burnout 80 glam rock :/

But anyway, it's going to be fun although I'm by myself. Hopefully I'll find some nice people to hang out with.

Hehe, I'm sure the last band is going to be in a true Sweden Rock manner, meaning something like Whitesnake :Smug:

Hell if I see you there I'm at least gonna buy you a beer! :kickass: Can't be fun going to a festival alone... Perhaps we can arrange something and meet there. (damn that was hard to write without sounding too much gay :p)

Hell if I see you there I'm at least gonna buy you a beer! :kickass: Can't be fun going to a festival alone... Perhaps we can arrange something and meet there. (damn that was hard to write without sounding too much gay :p)
Your gayety is much appreciated! I´ll see you at S.R. You will recognize my from the clown costume I will be wearing...:rolleyes:

Djöfull;5940854 said:
Your gayety is much appreciated! I´ll see you at S.R. You will recognize my from the clown costume I will be wearing...:rolleyes:

Great! I will come in an easter costume! (you'll know what it is when you see it)

Ok, that cheered my a bit. But I might wear a T-shirt saying Jag er än snäl, ensam islänning som behöver sällskap in case.

In the coming weeks S.R.F. will announce all of the line up. That's about 25 bands that are left. My hope is something like this:
Pain of Salvation
Slayer
Opeth
Dream Theater
Jorn
Soilwork
Porcupine tree
Sonata Arctica
Lamb of god
Vintersorg :cry: :worship:
Some cool 70 prog band

The fest draws near and remember people that are going, no stagediving. you could be kicked out.

For people to recognize me:

Me getting homoerotic at Roskilde
16.jpg

Surveyor of my dragon domain back home
bessibustad.jpg