Sweden's 'Pirate Party' wins seat in the European Parliament; RIAA surrenders

I haven't read much about Intellectual Property laws/ethics, but my kneejerk reaction is to support its progressive erosion leading eventually to abolishment.

To put this into perspective, a British party who propose repatriation of none aryans into their original countries also won one seat on the european parliament.

You're missing the point. We're not so much discussing whether patent laws will be abolished as should they be. Obviously the pirate party isn't getting very far.

To put this into perspective, a British party who propose repatriation of none aryans into their original countries also won one seat on the european parliament.
It's somewhat ironic considering that the British National Party thinks that the UK shouldn't even be in the EU. I'm reading their website right now and it's incredible how racist they are.

It's somewhat ironic considering that the British National Party thinks that the UK shouldn't even be in the EU. I'm reading their website right now and it's incredible how racist they are.

I didn't pay much attention but apparently they're good talkers. Manage to enforce this "We're not racist" point. And tbh, they got their actual policies out way more than any of the other parties did, which is more worrying. You're average working dude whose been fucked over by the recession and has lost his job is gonna pay attention.

The most hilarious part was peoples reactions to it. My personal favourite, this is a direct quote from someones facebook status:
" 65 years ago we sent soldiers to Europe to remove the facists in the name of democracy. Now we're sending Facists to Europe to remove democracy..."
:lol: