Sweet Leaf "Farewell" Show tonight!!!

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
Steve will be making a live appearance with Sweet Leaf (S.F. Bay Area Ozzy/Sabbath Tribute) for their "Farewell" show set for June 10th at the Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa. Come out and celebrate with the guys! It's an all day, all ages show that starts at 2:00pm. Also on the bill, Skitzo (Lance Ozanix's band), First Come First Shred, and wayward Son.

Sweet Leaf Official MySpace

"Farewell SWEET LEAF" show
June 10th, 2007, @ Last Day Saloon
5th and Davis, Santa Rosa, CA

Show starts @ 2:00pm
All Day, All Ages $8.00

sweetleaf2007show-sm.png

What is that, 3 hours for you?

Damn, I'll be in San Diego that weekend...

More like 4 I think.
Ukiah is about two and a half, and I could typically make it from Santa Rosa to Ukiah/vice versa in about 45 minutes if I'm doing ~80mph (which is standard procedure on 101 between Ukiah and Santa Rosa).

damn, damn, damn!! Say hello to Lance, Hoffman and Chris for me Steve. And if anyone tapes it I need a copy!!! Have a kickass time, sure wish I could be there!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well, i'm just about wrecked exhausted after doing this show tonight, my first live appearance since Seattle, with Nevermore,back in April of 2006, but let me say it's a good exhaustion!:lol:

This was more or less a test to see where I am at physically, playing again on stage, what my endurance level is, all that kind of thing.

Man, we did 90 minutes, and I felt every one of those 90 minutes, hardcore!!! Good to have the oh so familiar ache in my neck back again, and I know it's gonna hurt like a bitch tomorrow, and the only sure for that= another show to go play! But, alas, there isn't another one for me to go play tomorrow....

This was Sweet Leaf's farewell of sorts, tonight. Lance Ozanix (Skitzo), Steve Hoffman (The EssenEss Project), and I have been doing this together since 1994, when Lance asked if I was available to fill in on a show that he was doing with Sweet Leaf back then. Being a huge Sabbath and Ozzy fan, and on top of that, to play with two good friends, one of which I had never jammed with before, the other in which we had 2 bands at the time going, I jumped at the chance! We went through a few drummers in our time, over the years, and in 2000 or so (may have been 1999, can't remember!:lol: ), we got our good friend, and former bandmate in Ariah, Chris Newman, in on drums, and continued doing shows on a somewhat consistent basis, until 2004, in between my hectic schedule (Testament,leaving Testament, joining Nevermore, and writing the next Dragonlord album as well as Nevermore), and Lance, Steve and Chris'.

2005 came around, and found me in Europe for a few months,doing the Dragonlord and Nevermore albums simultaneously, and then on tour for the rest of the year, i support of This Godless Endeavor. Never a free moment i that year to get together with my bros,and do a few shows, like we had been able to in past years. Along with that, came my decision to move to the UK that year as well, making future chances of doing Sweet Leaf, impossible.

We decided to wrap up with a private party for some friends, at thier house, and figured on calling it a day for the band, never relaizing what was to come.

You guys know the rest of the story pretty much, but my being back in California enabled me to reconnect with the guys, and we decided to do one final show, for our faithful!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So, we not only recorded tonight's performance with my ProTools rig, but also were able to secure 3 video cameras, and make a go of it, recording tonight's performance, visual and audio as well!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Haven't seen the video yet, as this will take a bit to compile 3 camera's worth of footage, but I just got done listening back to the entire show, and, I gotta say, the sound is actually pretty damn good!

The crowd, some 250+, were very energetic, and gave us the energy we needed, "Going fucking crazy!", and singing a lot of the songs along with us, right down to guitar melodies! Any of you guys and gals reading this, a HUGE THANK YOU!!! for coming out, and seeing us off!!!

So, we're putting this together, and will release videos from tonight's performance, on our myspace, as well as our site!

For now, you can check out the URL's here: Our MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63220769

And our website: http://listen.to/sweetleaf

Now, you really will be able to listen to Sweet Leaf, once and for all!

We said this was a "farewell" show of sorts, so stay tuned, we may just be doing another show sometime again!:lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Europe ???

I dont remember you saying you were moving to europe ... lol

TRAITOR !!! :p

I know i know your still here and not going nowhere, but i dont remeber reading that in the old forum or news ...lol

As for the show lets hope it WONT be the last never got out to see you guys :(

Any updates on the a new DL or Nevermore effort??

How bout some tourdates??

Clinics ????

GIVE US SOMTHING OH MIGHTY STEPHEN O' SMYDRAGON !!!!

Europe ???

I dont remember you saying you were moving to europe ... lol

TRAITOR !!! :p

Two years ago, and as they say in the UK, FUCK OFF!:lol: Just kidding, but really, how is that being a traitor?

I know i know your still here and not going nowhere, but i dont remeber reading that in the old forum or news ...lol

Well, soon enough, I won't be, and as for this news, it was in several of my health updates I have issued over the last year, even the ones that made it in the public eye.

As for the show lets hope it WONT be the last never got out to see you guys :(

I'm pretty sure it won't be, but you never know. That's why I made an effort to record the performance, and also get it video'd with 3 cameras, so we had that stuff for all to see, if you never got to see us, as it was mostly a Cali/Northern Nevada circuit we did over the years....

Any updates on the a new DL or Nevermore effort??

NO.

How bout some tourdates??

NO.

Clinics ????

In the works for the fall of this year. Stay tuned, we'll catch everyone up here.

GIVE US SOMTHING OH MIGHTY STEPHEN O' SMYDRAGON !!!!

Well, there you have it man! And, I HOPE YOU'RE RECONSIDERING THAT SURGERY!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

sounds great. must have been a great show! :headbang: (i'm pretty sure it was!)

was anyone from here there (except steve :lol: ) and took some photos?

can't wait to see the video footage! :kickass:

Sounds like a great time Steve. What was the setlist? Must have been long for 90 min worth. Did you guys do F's wear boots? That is still one of my all time fav's from Sab.:headbang: