Switching from clean to dirty with OD808

Gnash

Lefty
Mar 29, 2006
Warrensburg, MO
www.threatsignal.com
Ok. I have a 5150. It has a footswitch for channel and FX loop. What, I am doing is when switching from clean to dirty, I hit the channel AND the effects loop switch. I use chourus and delay in the loop for clean, I don't need them for dirty. The problem I have is the fuckin 808. It's enough to dirty up my clean so, I have to hit the 2 footswitches with one foot and the 808 with the other, when changing back and forth! I'll just kick on the loop (delay/chourus) when I solo. I've been checking out ab boxes and I can't seem to get that 808 off/on when I need it with one move.:loco: Anyone use this? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-LS2-Line-SelectorPower-Supply?sku=151369

Solution: Drill a hole in that box for another DPDT, put in another DPDT, drill holes for two more 1/4"jacks, wire the two new jacks to the new DPDT, leave the 808 always on, and have a third switch between the two so that you can hit a third switch that puts the 808 in or out of your loop??

Jeff

Yeah, it's a bitch figuring this out. My brain hurts! I run the 808 in front, so it's gotta be turned off for clean. I think with the pedal mentioned above, I can run my 808 AFTER the switcher, and switch between my clean and dirty sound with 2 stomps, rather than 3. But, then I won't have my fx loop for dirty. Aw, shit.:yuk:

That pedal is a fucking joke. I see no reason why that would be worth the money.

Additionally, you could easily modify that board a tiny bit to have a second effects loop and switch between loop 1 and loop 2 instead of loop on and loop off.

Jeff

Solution: Drill a hole in that box for another DPDT, put in another DPDT, drill holes for two more 1/4"jacks, wire the two new jacks to the new DPDT, leave the 808 always on, and have a third switch between the two so that you can hit a third switch that puts the 808 in or out of your loop??

Jeff

NOW I get it!! Put another switch on the Peavey unit! I could get the job done with ONE STOMP! Right on.

Indeed. Lather, rinse, repeat, until you run out of effects loops to find use for and/or space on the box. It's like beating one pregnant woman with another - why induce one miscarriage at a time when two is so much more fun?

Jeff

Yeah, the clean amp is the solution. I only need about ten seconds of clean a night though.:lol: I've pretty much got it down, after 100 attempts.:p Ultimately, a midi switcher will be the setup, but for now I've gotta pull off the TRIPLE stomp.

i have two heads into one cab with the radial headbone.
all the effects that i use with both heads are on my board,before the switcher but i have the 808 and the smart gate just before the 5150. so the dsl can do clean properly
slutty