Sword reunites!

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I'm not sure if anyone is/was a fan of this band from back in the day, but they have reunited and are playing some shows in the Montreal area. Hopefully a new disc is on the way. I'm a huge fan of Metalized and Sweet Dreams.

Blabbermouth said:
'80s Montreal power metallers SWORD (not to be confused with Texas-based luminaries THE SWORD) have reunited and have begun rehearsing for upcoming live shows.

SWORD was formed in early 1985 by brothers Mick Hughes (vocals) and Dan Hughes (drums), guitarist Mike Plant, and bassist Mike Larock. After signing with local label Aquarius Records, the band released its debut album, "Metalized", in 1986 and a follow-up effort, "Sweet Dreams", in 1987.

SWORD never made much headway south of the border and split up soon after the release of its sophomore album.

SWORD's sound was previously described as "a muscular brand of classic metal with tasteful riffs and solos by Plant and infectious shout-along choruses."

Rick Hughes released a solo album in 2006 entitled "Train D'Enfer".

Squeeeeeee......
:kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang:

awesome!!!!!!

Children of heaven!!! :kickass::kickass:
They had so many cool songs on that debut, i hope they tour in the US some. Never thought i would hear from them again...

I'm still dancin' a jig! "Metalized", to me, is one of THE PERFECT metal albums ever released...."Sweet Dreams" is pretty frickin' awesome too. Rick Hughes is a great metal/hard rock singer...he sounded great when he fronted Saints And Sinners too. It'll be very interesting to hear what they'll do if they release a new cd.

Great news! When I was in high school, I remember a friend of mine got "Metalized". He made a cassette copy for me, and I wore the hell out of that damn tape!