HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Sydney Guitar Show
UNSW - Matthews Pavilions and Theatres
$12 entry
10am - 6pm Saturday 2nd June
10am - 5pm Sunday 3rd June

The web site is a piece of shit Flash affair but hopefully the actual show will be a lot better. Any of you mofos going? I'm particularly hanging out for the Bruce Mathiske masterclass at 3pm tomorrow.

don't worry, you won't be missing anything. it sucked.

:OMG:
I beg to differ.

Didn't actually see you there... ran into Sash and pipsqeek who seemed to think I was stalking them but they'll get over it :lol:

Bruce Mathiske was amazing to watch as I expected. What I didn't expect was how good some of the 'workshops' (AKA 'sales pitches' to the cynical and jaded) were, especially for the Roland/BOSS home recording gear. I was extremely impressed by the quality of some of the locally made guitars I'd never had a chance to try before (Churchill acoustics are :worship:) and in the end my iron will gave in... I HAD to purchase this mean motherfucker:

srbperspective002.jpg

Add a Roland MIDI pickup along the bottom (well.. top in that picture) six strings and it's a recipe for bona fide insanity waiting to happen. Also got some ideas for using the 7th and 8th string as different tuned versions of the 1st and 2nd string for extra fingerpicking options then having the bottom 4 tuned for open harp guitar style options. Hopefully it works as well in practice as it does in my head.

Finally got to meet Andy who runs the Maton custom shop in Victoria as well. Awesome dude... and after talking to him for about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour it looks like getting a custom Maton electric isn't impossible any more :D

Add getting another Tommy Emmanual poster and about a dozen guitar catalogs to drool over for the next month and it was well worth the trip for me.

sounds good, sorry didnt answeer ur calls, but i didnt hear them or some shit, then when i saw a missed call, i had no credit to ring back lol.