SYL video

LuminousAether

My name is Distance
Dec 22, 2001
Columbus, Ohio
www.hypnos.clan.st
Have any of you seen the new video for Strapping Young Lad... I believe the song it is for is "Aftermath" but I might be wrong.

I just wanted to say... the video is awful. The song is good, but that video... I bet they made it for around $50. It's just the band playing with horrible graphics, much worse than the old SYL videos. It's cool that they are getting played on Headbanger's Ball, but I wish that Devy would have had a better video and chosen a better song off that album such as Force Fed as I think that would give them a better chance of gaining more fans. It's just too bad that the self-titled album doesn't have any songs as good as SYL or All Hail the New Flesh, as those songs would almost guarantee a shitload of fans on Headbanger's Ball.

It's relentless, not aftermath...
Ok the video is not a big, big, big production, but century media pays for it so...
pukeface.gif

this song is not one of my favourite, for a video "force fed" would have been far better...

geoff

What's wrong with the video? Besides the fact that it only shows the band playing and it looks like it was shot with a home camcorder with a bunch of shitty graphics? Not much else...

I hate videos that only show the band playing. Metal videos usually suck, but I've seen some good ones from bands like Tiamat and Cradle of Filth.

I dance in the shadow of the skull crushing robot! I sing its downfall underneath its giant foot! With broken legs and a mouth of blood I would gurgle a curse for the demise of it's purely clinical calculating engine!

RydManiac said:
Where can you get the video ? :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I heard rumors about a new SYL "un"official site that should be online soon, apparently it's gonna be a kickass SYL site with kick ass content as mp3 and vidz...wait and see, it's serious !!!

:)

hummm...If the album was filled of songs like "aftermath", "last minute", "consequence" or "force fed" it would have been far better in my opinion

for me the main change is all about the guitar parts played by jed simon now. The sound is different from Dev and it definitively sounds more trash than metal...Also this record was composed by all the band members, even if Dev had the main ideas at the begining, the other guys took a part of the process...Which is a good thing for the SYL band's spirit.

For me the production on this record is a bit disappointing. On songs like "aftermath" or "relentless" you don't even hear Gene's snaredrum, Byron's bass is lost in the mix...Dev said that he was not involved at 100% in the SYL record mix, and I think that you can hear the difference with AE where there's a perfect balance between each instrument.

Also, I don't really enjoys songs like "rape song" or "relentless", too basic to me when you see what Dev can do now. I won't compare this record with city but I think that the songwriting was more inventive before, the "city" wall of sound was unique, the production was unique.

on "syl" Even if some songs are really good, even if the band is musically impressive, I prefere when Dev is involved at 100% in a project...But that's me