Sylosis - Eclipsed Cover Mix + Raw Files

pinguinpanic

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2010
Hey guys!

I've been reading the Andy Sneap forum for a pretty long time now, and have learned a lot from all of the stuff that happens hear. All your tips and tricks are just priceless, and I would like to thank you for sharing all of your knowledge so freely on the magical internet.

I decided it might be nice of me to do something in return, and since you guys seem to be pretty fond of people posting raw files to you to mix, I have some raws for you. A friend wanted to do a cover of Sylosis - Eclipsed so I recorded him, and I also made a mix. Would be nice if I could get some comments on the mix, since it's far from the quality of most of the stuff on here.

Guitars are recorded on a ESP LTD KH202 with EMG 81 and 85, through a ENGL Powerball, a cheap german brand cab (Fame), a Sehnheiser e835 and into a Phonic Helixboard. I'm a poor student so when I get money I'll make sure to replace the cab and upgrade to a SM57.

Bass and drum is done with VST/Samples. I can supply the bass track and drum track as well if you want. I also have midi/GP5 of everything so you can do the drum yourself.

Track:
MP3 Download
(Beware tough, my friend added a bit of sound from his camera to the video so if you just want to hear the mix, download the MP3)

EDIT:
Raws

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the raws:
Rawr

The bas and drum track need to be put 3/4 behind on the rest, sorry for that. Tempo at start is 115BPM, changes throughout, the MIDI has bassguitar, drum and the tempo track.

Sorry for bump, just wondering why nobody has had any interest. Is the quality too bad? You have more interest on DI-tracks for guitar? Or is Sylosis not your cup of tea?

Also I forgot to say, we recorded it tuned 2 steps down, so it's a lot lower then Sylosis plays it.