Symbol Of Salvation 3 CD set

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
It took me some time to decide to get the new Symbol Of Salvation 3 CD box set, since I already owned the original release.
But last week I got it and, man, am I glad I did it.
The original release suffered from a bit of a weak production IMHO, but the remastered CD sounds really great. Especially the drums sound much much stronger now.
And I'm also really happy with the S.o.S. demos.
I always had the feeling that the current line-up is a different band than the one that featured Dave Prichard, at least it feels different (I can't explain it better, but if you are a Die-Hard Saint fan like me, you probably know what I mean).
So the demo version of S.o.S. feels like a continuation of the music from March Of The Saint / Delirious Nomad / Raising Fear, and is basically a fourth album by Dave's Armored Saint line-up for me.
Whereas the album version of S.o.S. is the first album of the new Armored Saint, that also recorded the killer Revelation album and the new songs on Nod To The Old School.
And the interview on disc 2 and 3 reveals a lot of interesting information.
By the way, does anybody know which songs exactly were recorded together during the various demo sessions? I'm asking about the S.o.S. demos plus the demos from the Nod To The Old School double CD plus Creepy Feelings (the demo that appeared on the Metal Meister compilation CD and on a Rock Hard compilation CD). I have been able to figure out some of the demo sessions (from the info given in the S.o.S. and N.t.t.o.S. booklets and the interview), but not all of them. So if anyone knows for sure, please tell me :)

I still haven't bought this one. It's really cheap, the extras look great etc. but because I have the original, I've always postponed the purchase of the damn thing. :erk:

So: I hereby promise to add the Symbol of Salvation 3cd reissue to the next batch of cd's I'm ordering. :cool: