Symbol of Salvation re-release!

jdelpi

Imported Killer
This is great news. My copy is scratched over the song "Tainted Past" because of excessive listening in a discman. This album is definitely a masterpiece and hearing the demos with Prichard will be a treat. I have the 4-track demo of "Creepy Feelings" from a Metal Blade records compilation. I need to get the DVD of Trip Thru Red Times too, damnit. I need some money.

From http://www.armoredsaint.com
Coming in April! The reissue of an Armored Saint classic record. Symbol of Salvation is being reissued as a 3 disc set complete with special digi box packaging. The set will include the following:
Disc 1: The original record, remastered - and Mpeg video files of the 2 videos, Reign of Fire and Last Train Home.
Disc 2: The much sought after 4-track demos of the entire record in sequence featuring original guitar work by Dave Prichard - and Bonus track interview. This is Part 1 of a 90 minute interview conducted by Metal Blade CEO Brian Slagel with the band discussing the making of Symbol. Interview was recorded in Dec. 2002.
Disc 3: Part 2 and conclusion of interview
The packaging will include a revised version of the cover art, liner notes by rock journalist Jon Sutherland and additional band photos.

This 3 Disc set is due in April 2003.

Originally posted by mrthrax
i am yet to experience armoured saints music beside revelation which is truly a masterpiece.

dvd will be a great way to catch up on them.

Oh man, you are SO missing out on some great metal. "Book of Blood" is one of the greatest songs ever. Well, it's up there with Judas Priest's "Heading Out to the Highway," Iron Maiden's "Killers" and Anthrax's "Lone Justice." The DVD would have a live video of them playing it with an extended guitar solo. I don't have the DVD but I have the original VHS.

Symbol of Salvation was their best. Revelation was pretty close. I am glad they did it. They needed to do it. I saw them in Columbus when they came around in 2000. It was kickass. The two live songs on Nod to the Old School are from that show.

I'm going to have to wear my Revelation t-shirt on Monday to celebrate.

i will get it on wed(my day off)for sure.

symbol of salvation is first on the list!!!

i really cant explain why i havent got all of armoured saints catalogue,at least i ve got something to look forward to as far as good music is concerned which is why i have prob held it off lol

Originally posted by mrthrax
i will get it on wed(my day off)for sure.

symbol of salvation is first on the list!!!

i really cant explain why i havent got all of armoured saints catalogue,at least i ve got something to look forward to as far as good music is concerned which is why i have prob held it off lol

If it means anything to you, all 11 reviews on Amazon.com gave Symbol of Salvation 5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/002-3553511-8160805?v=glance&s=music

I cannot stress enough how great this album. You're in for a real treat.

jdelpi..........that tribute to Dave Pritchard on "Book of Blood" from "Trip through Red Times" brings tears to my eyes every fucking time I watch it..........

I don't know whats better...........to have experienced Armored Saint for twenty years..........or to have all of that great fucking music out there to discover.

"Everybody is a Book of Blood................"

Originally posted by Armored Thrax
jdelpi..........that tribute to Dave Pritchard on "Book of Blood" from "Trip through Red Times" brings tears to my eyes every fucking time I watch it..........

I don't know whats better...........to have experienced Armored Saint for twenty years..........or to have all of that great fucking music out there to discover.

"Everybody is a Book of Blood................"

I'm too much of a man to admit to crying but that part is extremely emotional as I recall. I can't wait to get the DVD!