SYMPHONY X Announces May/June 2020 North American Tour With PRIMAL FEAR, FIREWIND

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
New Jersey's progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X have announced their "25th Anniversary North American tour 2020". The 28-date trek will kick off in Englewood, New Jersey on May 14 and make stops in Montreal, Cleveland and Austin before concluding on June 17 at The Masquerade in Atlanta. Support on the trek will come from PRIMAL FEAR and FIREWIND. SYMPHONY X comments: "We are extremely excited to celebrate this milestone in our career! The shows in Europe and South America were incredible last year and we can't wait to share that with our amazing U.S. fans in 2020! We are truly excited to have both PRIMAL FEAR and FIREWIND on this tour to celebrate 25 years of a true musical journey! The band is at a place where we are looking forward to the future and bringing even more music to those who have been with us all this time! See you in 2020!" Confirmed dates: May 14 - Englewood, NJ - Bergen Performing Arts Center May 15 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium (MA) May 16 - Wantagh, NY - Mulcahy's May 17 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of Living Arts May 18 - Montreal, QUE - Cafe Campus May 20 - Quebec City, QUE - Imperial May 21 - Toronto, ON - Opera House May 22 - Westland, MI - Token Lounge May 23 - Joliet, IL - The Forge May 24 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom May 26 - Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall May 27 - Minneapolis, MN - The Cabooze May 29 - Edmonton, AB - The Starlite Room May 31 - Vancouver, BC - The Venue Jun. 01 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon Jun. 02 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theatre Jun. 03 - San Francisco, CA - Slims Jun. 05 - Anaheim, CA - City National Grove Jun. 06 - West Hollywood, CA - Whisky a Go Go Jun. 07 - Tempe, AZ - Club Red Jun. 08 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater Jun. 10 - Dallas, TX - Canton Hall Jun. 11 - Austin, TX - Come and Take It Live Jun. 12 - San Antonio, TX - Aztec Theater Jun. 13 - Houston, TX - House of Blues Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL - Kelsey Theater Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL - The Ritz Jun. 17 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade SYMPHONY X released its latest critically acclaimed studio album, "Underworld", in 2015 via Nuclear Blast. They triumphed in creating a panoramic 'album rock' experience in an era cursed with diminishing attention spans. Heavily inspired by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri, "Underworld" drew on the themes from the "Divine Comedy", most notably the part on "Inferno". As homage to Dante's use of the number 3 and its multiples, the band utilized the motif in both lyrical and melodic context. The first song on the album is a three-syllable, three-note melodic phrase and in the verses, there are three references to three songs on the band's third album, "The Divine Wings Of Tragedy". In July 2017, SYMPHONY X vocalist Russell Allen and his ADRENALINE MOB bandmates were involved in a crash that killed the group's bassist, David Zablidowsky. The singer, who is also a member of TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, later said that TSO's 2017 tour saw him feeling "more free" than ever before to express himself. "The stage has been the safest place on earth for me, man," Allen told Brad Parmerter in an interview. "I feel at home up there, more than I've ever been so that's really where it's at. I step out on stage and whatever things that are coming out of my mouth are right from my heart. There's no filter. I'm not thinking, 'Oh, this is gonna be cool?' You know what I'm saying? I think that's what you're seeing — a man who has been through hell and back. I'm just up there loving life and showing my love for the crowd through these songs. That's the best way I can explain it." SYMPHONY X completed an extensive tour behind "Underworld" in 2016, including a U.S. run of shows with OVERKILL and a pair of headlining performances in Australia.
symphonyx2020northamerica.jpg

Continue reading...