Symphony X NEEDS to do a live DVD!!!

finalthorn

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2009
If there is one thing that Symphony X needs to put out it is a live DVD. I am surprised they haven't by now. All my other favorite bands have, and Symphony X is the type of act that I think I live DVD would be extremely appropriate for them. Anyway, guys... if you are reading this PLEASE do a live DVD, I think a lot of people would buy it and it's high time! :):kickass:

Lepond said in an interview that they wanted to do it but that they also wanted to do it when they could have the right budget. As with all things Symphony X, they'll do it if they can do it the way they think is right, and only then.

Yeah, the main thing bugging me with no Symphony X DVD is that far lesser bands who don't even seem to be as popular are getting DVD's released... Seems weird that Symphony X haven't got a proper chance for it.

Yeah, the main thing bugging me with no Symphony X DVD is that far lesser bands who don't even seem to be as popular are getting DVD's released... Seems weird that Symphony X haven't got a proper chance for it.

Symphony X did get a fantastic live album out a long time ago, though.

Fantastic is an understatement lol! They really have never had the chance, or backing support they deserve, this is why I was so excited to hear about label change. Lets hope they don't prove me wrong. I can understand though, a DVD would be far more costly than a studio album. And until gigantour followed by 'Paradise Lost' the band had a small fan base. I wouldn't say small. Just they went from 400-600 person venues to selling them out. I haven't seen a Symphony X concert since, that was under 1000 headbanging fans!

Something else I would like to add is the youtube vids I checked out before the PL tour came to town were terrible and that needs to change, this would be easily possible with a professional live DVD. Now theres some food in need of immeadiate seasoning. youtube is a big player in "passing the word".

I hope if they did make a dvd it would be very special. Like if they played a set list similar to the live album. A lot if not all V songs, Through the Looking Glass, maybe they can play the Odyssey title track, etc

Hey guys, was reading all the comments to the thread I started here... a lot of good stuff. Yeah, I really agree with what was said about the fact there are a lot of other "prog metal" band, (or whatever), in a similar genre that Symphony X is in that I can't believe are that much bigger as far as popularity that have done more than one live DVD... ie, Nightwish, Kamelot, Firewind, Fates Warning, etc. Symphony X is at least as big as those guys, aren't they? I mean, non of those bands have gotten gigs with the likes of Dream Theater and Megedeth, etc. So yeah, what's the deal? It seems really weird to me that Symphony X would have a budget problem in doing a live DVD and those other bands wouldn't. Yeah, maybe their new label can get some stuff like that done... I guess the one they were on really did kind of suck... hopefully that was the case. If you are reading this guys, (or managment people, or whoever might be able to have some pull in this regard), the fans are screaming for a live DVD, and I think it's safe to say that it would sell really well...

And since we're talking about DVD's, I know for a fact Romeo could make some money by doing an instructional DVD for sure. I totally think this band is not cashing in on a lot of what they've got going for them. Hell, hire me, I market you guys! ...lol ;)

And since we're talking about DVD's, I know for a fact Romeo could make some money by doing an instructional DVD for sure. I totally think this band is not cashing in on a lot of what they've got going for them. Hell, hire me, I market you guys! ...lol ;)

Mike and I have actually talked about this; it's not something he's ignorant of. Beyond that, all I can say is stay tuned.