Symphony X's stage setup - COOL or DROOL?

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
Did their stage layout impress you, or didn't make a difference to you?

Cuz it definitely was a visually memorable setup! I dug their using the BIGGEST DAMN BEDSHEETS they could find for their backdrop! That was damn impressive! I imagine that's their backdrop for, oh, WACKEN?!?!?! Heh heh heh... that was menacing and imposing!!! Hey Stage Crew! How the HELL do you guys put up something so massive? Did they have their own TRUCK to carry that sumbitch????

I also dug that Jason got to use his own drumkit, which must be a helluva perk when headlining at the final slot. I couldn't believe how FAST they were ripping through a few of those songs, and he was killing that poor kit. He looked comfy and enjoying himself. Fuckin metal.

The eerie purple glow of the whole beginning of the setlist was damn cool. Adding those lights in the drum riser and keyboard riser was a sweet touch. It's those little things I notice, dunno why, but I love em.

Sir Russell Allen is king. That's all that's left to say.

The eerie purple glow of the whole beginning of the setlist was damn cool.
Unless you're a photographer. :guh: I actually was so focused on the band I didn't pay much attention to the set up, though I will say the banners were sweet and Jason did indeed slay and Russ does indeed rule. His vocals were the best I've heard from him in the last couple years.

Russell sounded phenomenal! He really did bring it as well as the band as a whole, but they always do! It was really great for what he said about the festival too and them being at the beginning in Chicago and now this year, that was great!

Bear