Symphorce - 'Become Death'

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
German power thrashers SYMPHORCE have finished recording their highly anticipated new album, "Become Death", at the House Of Music Studios in Winterbach (near Stuttgart), Germany with producer Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69). Mastering duties will be handled by Achim Köhler (BRAINSTORM).

becomedeath.jpg

01. Ancient Prophecies
02. In The Hopes Of A Dream
03. Towards The Light
04. Inside The Cast
05. Darkness Fills The Sky
06. Condemned
07. Death Has Come
08. No Final Words To Say
09. Lies
10. Lost But Found

Commented singer Andy B. Franck (also in BRAINSTORM): "You can expect the heaviest and most intense SYMPHORCE album to date! Every song contains more power, aggression and emotion than we would have ever expected! Our new drummer Steffen Theurer has done an amazing job as well!"

"Become Death" will see the light of day on February 23, 2007 (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) and February 26, 2007 (rest of Europe) via Metal Blade. There will be a limited first edition including a 45-minute bonus DVD (filmed live in Holland).

Saw this article yesterday. Album looks BEAUTIFUL! Symphorce seems to intensify themselves with each new record, and this album looks quite worthy to this. Heaviest? BRING IT ONNN!!! :p

Early controversy aside, I like Symphorce more than Brainstorm. I am looking foward to this new album because the last two were pretty solid. Awesome set at ProgPower, too - I'd love to see a Franck-fronted band back onstage at some point.

Very much looking forward to checking this out - the above sentiment only reinforces my anticipation.
I always view such statements with skepticism. It seems almost every Metal band talks about their forthcoming disc as their "most aggressive to date", and it's almost never true. That said, I hope it's true. I think Andy sounds best with more aggressive material and Brainstorm has been growing softer with each release.

Zod

It seems almost every Metal band talks about their forthcoming disc as their "most aggressive to date"

Yeah, you can almost quote them verbatim, band to band - "This will be our heaviest release to date, it is totally insane, but at the same time, it's going to be our catchiest! It's gonna blow your minds!"

I always view such statements with skepticism. It seems almost every Metal band talks about their forthcoming disc as their "most aggressive to date", and it's almost never true. That said, I hope it's true. I think Andy sounds best with more aggressive material and Brainstorm has been growing softer with each release.

I generally agree with you that artists often hype an upcoming release as ultra "heavy" for the sake of hyping only for the release to be a huge disappointment (Opeth's "Ghost Reveries" immediately comes to mind) - but in Symphorce's case, when I saw Andy perform up close and personal at PPVI, he looked so much more comfortable and at home with the more aggressive material, that it would seem focusing on that side plays to the band's strengths in a big way. Of course, as you indicate above, regardless of hype, we both hope it's true.

Jason

Thanks for posting that... I've been trying to get posting this but it seems last night the DE pictures took a priority. I talked to Cede this morning and he keeps teasing my by telling me how good everything sounds..... I'm trying to get him to post/send me something I can post and share. US release date will be a couple weeks after Euro release date...but remember Metalblade US in located in CA. :headbang: :headbang:

I always view such statements with skepticism. It seems almost every Metal band talks about their forthcoming disc as their "most aggressive to date", and it's almost never true.

Zod

Kinda like when an NHL player says "Yeah, we just gotta play 60 minutes and finish our checks."

oh hell yeah.... I don't care if it's their heaviest or not, but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Truth be told, I feel the same way...while I prefer the heavier material, I dig the more melodic stuff Andy does as well.

I've always gone back and forth over which band I like better ... Symphore, or Brainstorm. For me I liked Symphorce first .. with the release of Sinctuary. Then Brainstorm put out a couple that I liked better than the Symphorce stuff. Of late Symphorce has jumped back in the lead .. I liked their last disc better than Brainstorm's last, and with this news of a new album it sounds like Symphorce will be be keeping the advantage for a while longer.

Britt

Commented singer Andy B. Franck (also in BRAINSTORM): "You can expect the heaviest and most intense SYMPHORCE album to date! Every song contains more power, aggression and emotion than we would have ever expected! Our new drummer Steffen Theurer has done an amazing job as well!"

Ahhh...the ol' heaviest and most intense album to date comment! :lol:

Zod

Darn it Zod! You beat me to the punch again! :)