Symphorce

Mok

The Magic Man
Oct 5, 2004
Nuke York
Like many of you, I was impressed both by Brainstorm's set as well as their personalities. I was only a little familiar with their music before the show, and knew nothing about Symphorce. After PPV, I saw several people wanting to see Symphorce at PPVI, if for nothing else to slip Andy back in the door. So I got "Twice Second" today, and...whoa! These guys rock hard, and are definitely on my "wishlist" for a future ProgPower. "Twice Second" is like a trip to Willy Wonka's, except that the Oompa Loompas are handing out ass-kickings instead of chocolate.

I'll definitely go for that.

Let's also get Tobias Sammett back again. Maybe do a one-time only Avantasia performance. I'm sure he could shoehorn Andre Matos and Rob Rock at the very least into coming over.

Okay, fill me in. I've got Twice Second (as a gift, too!) and they indeed whup all kinds of ass. What's the difference between Brainstorm and Symphonce? I know Andy's in both. Other musicians shared as well? Is one a project and the other a continuing band? They spend equal time in both bands? They just rock too much and needed to make two bands to contain all the METAL that they possess? :kickass:

Bryan316 said:
Okay, fill me in. I've got Twice Second (as a gift, too!) and they indeed whup all kinds of ass. What's the difference between Brainstorm and Symphonce? I know Andy's in both. Other musicians shared as well? Is one a project and the other a continuing band? They spend equal time in both bands? They just rock too much and needed to make two bands to contain all the METAL that they possess? :kickass:

They are 2 different bands for starters, neither one or the other is a "project" band. Andy just happens to perform vox duties for both of them :) . But, Symphorce is Andy's baby per say because it is HIS band. If you want to read up as to biography, discography etc. you can go to www.symphorce.net or visit their forum which is also here @ UM.

Obviously I am a huge fan and I would just LOVE for the Symphorce guys to make their American debut @ PP6, plus they will have a new album out tentatively by April/May 2005.

If you are still doubtful about going out and buying "Twice Second" you can listen to samples on their site, I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised :D

PS. On a side note, Cedric "Cede" Dupont/Guitarrist for Symphorce is also the guitarrist for Freedom Call. Thought some people might appreciate this info as I've seen a few FC fans about.

Would be absolutely grand if Symphorce got invited to play PP6, with a new album in the works and due out months before the festival, it couldn't be a better tourdate for them. It surely would be a dream come true to see Symphorce live, loud and in person!

Bryan316 said:
Oh I do indeed have Twice Second...

...problem is...

...trying to say which band I like better! I can't do it! Both kick equal amounts of ass! Hmm... time to spin Twice Second and Soul Temptation back to back...... !!!
Been listening to Twice Second all day. \m/
Good Idea, I'll listen to Soul Temptation on the way home.

Bryan316 said:
Oh I do indeed have Twice Second...

...problem is...

...trying to say which band I like better! I can't do it! Both kick equal amounts of ass! Hmm... time to spin Twice Second and Soul Temptation back to back...... !!!

That's a nice dosage back to back! I tend to like Symphorce just a tad more because I think Andy's vocal abilities are displayed a bit better and the music itself is more varied as well as having more solos.

Mok said:
Like many of you, I was impressed both by Brainstorm's set as well as their personalities. I was only a little familiar with their music before the show, and knew nothing about Symphorce. After PPV, I saw several people wanting to see Symphorce at PPVI, if for nothing else to slip Andy back in the door. So I got "Twice Second" today, and...whoa! These guys rock hard, and are definitely on my "wishlist" for a future ProgPower. "Twice Second" is like a trip to Willy Wonka's, except that the Oompa Loompas are handing out ass-kickings instead of chocolate.
Definetly a band that would be a great fit at ProgPower for sure.

Quick, non-related question... I can't remember what movie your name comes from. What movie was that? I'd like to see it again.

Zilla

PowerFreak said:
Quick, non-related question... I can't remember what movie your name comes from. What movie was that? I'd like to see it again.

Zilla

Rock 'n' Rule. I had seen it when I was a kid, and about a year ago Paul "Pellaz" showed it to me again. It's supposed to be released on a DVD loaded with extras in the near future - just no idea when exactly.

Oh...and THANKS A LOT! ;)

Playing at PP in US would be like huge dream come true for me, so let's hope we'll make it to Atlanta next year. If yes, then be sure you get your asses kicked, hahaha

And we'd have a big party with loads of beers, rock n' roll and a good amount of headbanging hair in each other's faces :hotjump: :hotjump:

May the Phorce be with all of you!
Cede

Symphorce / Freedom Call

You know, it's funny because I was about to write about Freedom Call. I am not as into the power/progressive metal scene as a lot of my friends are, so I am still discovering bands. I saw "Live Invasion" yesterday for a good price, and since I liked your work with Symphorce, I checked it out. Wow - I wouldn't mind seeing you pull double duty at PPVI with both bands.

Keep up the fantastic work.

phorcefulcede said:
Playing at PP in US would be like huge dream come true for me, so let's hope we'll make it to Atlanta next year. If yes, then be sure you get your asses kicked, hahaha

And we'd have a big party with loads of beers, rock n' roll and a good amount of headbanging hair in each other's faces :hotjump: :hotjump:

Cede

Symphorce / Freedom Call
Cool, glad you're into it Cede. :headbang:
Yeah, I can pretty much guarentee beers, rock n' roll and a good amount of headbanging hair in each other's faces if you guys are in Atlanta.

phorcefulcede said:

Cede

Symphorce / Freedom Call

Hey Cede :wave:
I really hope it happens man! That would be f*cking amazing :headbang: :worship: