my awesome Symphorce weekend review

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Ahhhhhhhhh Back from ProgPower VI. I flew in Thursday afternoon got in about 3pm. Skeleton Crew and I met at the rental car place and then headed to check into the hotel. After our 3rd attempt :yuk: at getting the type of room I had reserved..we got upgraded to a 2 room suite due to their mistakes. Check in , clean up then head for the liquor store to stock up for the inevitable party to come!!

Grabbed a quick bite to eat then we were off to the preparty. The bands playing the pre-party were:
Outworld
Orphaned Land
DC Cooper
Dreamscape
I wore my rhinestone Kittybeast shirt and what a success that was!! so easy for all the Ultimate Metal Crew to spot me and say hello! shouts out to General Zod, Dolamite, Savaron, Kathy, Kelly, JonnyD, Wheezer, TwistmetalSteph, Kim, Shaye, Urban, Met-Al, Mxgonzo, Skeleton Crew, Bryant, Harumi, rottingflesh, metalrose, Dargomudshark, Brent, Britt, Mike and Swordlord!! YOU GUYS ROCK! :wave:

Orphaned Land did a fabulous acoustic set I was really impressed with their style. The kicker for me that night was DC Cooper... :eek: OMG classic oldschool rock-n-roll!! In the style of Whitesnake I'd say...DC has a hell of a voice and I instantly fell in love with the music...so I bought the old DC Cooper cd and his latest works with Silent Force...haven't heard that yet but will let you know.

Went back to the room about 1am as I had a bit too many cosmopolitians, so got good and hammered then needed some decent sleep for the next couple days of metal mayhem ahead!! Pabla got in at 6am and Crew was soooo sweet to pick her up, what a gentleman!! I was awake when they got back and that was it...we were off and running. Crew and I went to the grocery store and picked up some snacks, walked around Atlanta for a bit and got some nice pictures.

We hosted a quick lunch at our room prior to the start of Day 1 of ProgPower. Show starts at 5:30 and we get in right away. Bummer was when we got the schedule we found out SYMPHORCE was scheduled to do their signing that night....holy shit...we were'nt ready, we left the mailing list sign up and all the sleeves for the giveaway back at the room....no worries on the sleeves...if need be I would've kidnapped the guys for a private signing (not that I wasn't thinking about kidnapping them anyway...hehehehe) :p

We got some large flyers and proceeded to make an impromptu mailing list...and we were off to the table. Our first meeting with the guys was so amazing for me...yes we've talked via email and some of the guys I've chatted with via msn but to have them all come up,lift you off of your feet for a big phorceful hug was just so freakin wonderful!!!! (btw...best hugs ever!) The guys get situated and they have a line of maybe 85-100 people waiting to get their stuff signed. Looking around it was like...wait a minute..what's missing ....WHERE'S DENNIS!! :eek: Due to a small but time consuming passport issue, Dennis was still at the airport but would be along soon.. Whew! That was some hair raising news!! We had a great response at the signing, Pabla and I doing our team duties handing out stickers, asking them to sign up for the giveaway, taking pictures and the most important thing.....GETTING THE GUYS BEER!!! :kickass: Dennis showed up right as most people had got there stuff signed and those that did see him come in made sure to come back and get his autograph and get their picture taken. Better late than never!!!

After that we were off for some dinner. I did want to see some of the bands play but hmmmm do I even need time to think of which I'd rather do....NO! After some deliberation of where we were going to eat...which took an eternity..we were all so hungry...we headed off to Houlihans for some dinner. It was absofuckinlutely fabulous to talk and get to know these guys, the most wonderful, sweetest, kindest, funniest, charming and yes :D hot, hot, hottie, hot guys you'll ever meet! They conversed some in German but it made no differance to me, as I was making up my own stories of what they where saying ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. These guys have a great commradery about them and jokes were made all through out the night, they are very, very fun to be around! After dinner we headed back to the venue to see the remaining bands.

Fridays lineup:
Angra
Conception
Orphaned Land
Circus Maximus
Manticora

After the show everyone was pretty exhausted and we knew we had one more day to go and THAT was the day to headbang, go crazy and party all to hell!! We planned to meet up with some of the guys early on Sat. to get in some sight seeing/shopping.

Saturday we met the guys at Earthlink for their soundcheck. Great stuff took a few candid shots. That went pretty quickly and we headed out for some breakfast. After that a few of us split up and went shopping. Didn't find much and evidently went in the wrong direction as no shopping to be found and this underground mall wasn't happening at all. With the subway taking long times on the running of the trains, we opted to get back early and chill out before the show tonite.

Saturdays lineup:
Stratovarius
Therion
Pink Cream 69
Symphorce
Stride

5pm Saturday night at we head to the venue........we were in the pit for Stride and anxiously awaiting SYMPHORCE to come out and kick our asses!! 6:45pm and here they are Andy in grand style says "For the next 45 minutes your asses are mine!!!" And all hell broke loose!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: They opened with "Forsight/Everlasting Life" and the neckbreaking began!! we were of course on the rail stage left!! Got some excellent pictures shot about 150 in hopes that some come out...the light guys loved the red lights and we all know what that does!! Next up "Touched and Infected" argggggggggh some hair was flying by them and us...omg what a great show!! "Two Seconds to Live" came next followed by a track off of GODSPEED, "Nowhere". I absolutely love this track and was praying and wishing to hear another off GODSPEED, but this was the only track played from the new release. They finished the set with "Tears", "Haunting", "Cause of Laughter" and right before "Fallen" Andy says to the crowd "One more song, then you can have your asses back!" HAHAHAHAHA he is an outstanding frontman! At times I tried to turn around to see how the crowd and all I saw was raised fists pumping, horns being thrown, masses of hair and screaming metal fans!! The guys slayed the crowd and left them wanting more! A great way to open a show and the comments heard after the show made me feel so good, I can only imagine how it makes the guys feel! The fans were all over them when they got back from showering, more pictures, more signings....MORE MORE MORE!!! ARRRRRRRRRTGHHHHHHHHHHH it was over too quickly! A mere taste of SYMPHORCE live and I'm jonsing all ready for more! 45 minutes was not enough! Next time though......definately! After their neckbraking performance we just hung out, b.s.'d, took lots of pictures, drank lots of beer and made lots of jokes!! Took lots of pictures, lots and lots and lots!!!

It was the best weekend ever! Thank you guys so so much for everything. I am not afraid to admit it...................................... I WILL BE STALKING YOU! :Shedevil: Pictures will be up in various places and I will be sending you guys some after you finish the "Nowhere on the Road" tour. Much love and Many Hugs to you all!
SLAVE TO SYMPHORCE-- KRISTY
symoutside3.jpg

symoutside2.jpg

:loco: could it be because he is wearing a pair of VERY COOL ( :D ) devil horns

Great review... thank you!!!!

Pabla said:
:loco: could it be because he is wearing a pair of VERY COOL ( :D ) devil horns

Great review... thank you!!!!

yeah,,, excuse me... can you tell me where you got those...I mean they're really cool and I'm really not hitting on you I just think those are cool.... so what's your name...are you from around here..... HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

No-Mercy said:
that was a great read, kitty! :headbang: sounds like a grand time...maybe ill catch you next year?

Thank you sir! I cannot do those all out technical reviews as I can only say it was a killer show and describe it. To me, those peeps that pick apart a show or a performance are basically just ruining the show. sit back, shut up and listen!!!

Kick ass review Kitty! :headbang: That was one helluva good time. I knew that JohnnyD and I were in the right spot for the show when I saw you and Pabla right in front of us! :D It was funny talking to Cede and Markus the night before and discovering that they were a little nervous about the show. We told them them they'd be fine. After the show we gave them the "I told you so!" and their response was an ear-to-ear grin. That was cool.

Great review KB! Symphorce were awesome. I wish there were more bands like them at PP. A little heavier/thrashier. At least they were kind enough to give our asses back.
Hopefully Andy is back next year with Brainstorm again. I'd never get sick of seeing that guy. If not maybe he needs to join another band to get back for PPVII!

Wheezer, I know what you are saying about them being a little nervous. When we left Friday night, me and Kathy walked with Andy a little bit back torwards our hotel. I told him I was really looking forward to seeing them on Saturday. He said there were alot of expections after Brainstorms performance from last year and that he was a bit nervous about it. I told him they were going to be great and that they would slay the crowd. Well they didn't seem nervous at all and put on one hell of a show. Highlight of the weekend!

:D Great Review Kitty!!! that was such a fun Weekend! but it sadly went by to damn quick!!! Symphorce was Hands down the Best band, I do believe they shattered all expectations .....Andy is the new King of Progpower hahaha the boys did great and I'm proud of em! hell made me bust my ass in support in the crowd ...hahaha anyways Seeing everybody was just as great as seeing and meeting bands maybe even a tad bit better :D