Symphorce just kicked my ass!!

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
After a recommendation of a good friend I tried me some Symphorce. I was a bit skeptic because I was afraid they would sound like a weenie Euro-power metal band.

WRONG!!!!

What a powerful band this is! I just love it. And then to come here and see Pabla as the moderator! :) :wave:

Thanks JD for the recommendation!

Hawk said:
After a recommendation of a good friend I tried me some Symphorce. I was a bit skeptic because I was afraid they would sound like a weenie Euro-power metal band.

WRONG!!!!

What a powerful band this is! I just love it. And then to come here and see Pabla as the moderator! :) :wave:

HAWK- And all this time I thought people actually paid attention to my banner! hahahahahhahaha come visit us @ www.symphorcefans.net

JonnyD said:
hahaha Man I told you you would like Symphorce! ... there sound is far more than just euro Power metal .... its more like Power Groove :) hehehe Your welcome Buddy!
Well that goes to show you are never too old to learn! Infact I hope I never stop learning about bands like Symphorce!

Thanks for the tip man. You are THA MAN!! See you at PP 2005!!!
:kickass:

kittybeast said:
HAWK- And all this time I thought people actually paid attention to my banner! hahahahahhahaha come visit us @ www.symphorcefans.net
Ha ha that explains; in my options I have checked "Do not show sigs". So I never see those promotion banners :)

Anyway I have been to the website and it looks really good. Now I must get me some more Symphorce!

Hawk said:

WRONG!!!!

Hey Hawk, nice to see you about! :wave:
Glad to hear you are diggin Symphorce, I discovered them myself last year and got hooked! I am really hoping for Symphorce at the next PP... maybe see you there? :heh:

@ JD : You are an amazing fanboy! :D Thanks for spreading the word :kickass:

waynis said:
If you Symphorce you should definately check out Brainstorm(if you havent already). Both bands have the same singer.
I know, I have seen Brainstorm live twice. Once with an other singer
@ Wacken 1999. This was before Andy came on board. Alas, I don't like Brainstorm as well as I do Symphorce. I am looking for an certain edge which I think Symphorce has and Brainstorm misses as far as I am concerned.

But thanks for the tip. I appreciate the effort :)

Pabla said:
Hey Hawk, nice to see you about! :wave:
Same here Pabla thanks for the kind welcome.

Pabla said:
Glad to hear you are diggin Symphorce, I discovered them myself last year and got hooked! I am really hoping for Symphorce at the next PP... maybe see you there? :heh:
You're on! :) I am the old bald guy that has trouble stopping with headbanging :lol:

Pabla said:
Me taps JD on the head... Gooood JD, Good boy ;)

Hawk said:
Well that goes to show you are never too old to learn! Infact I hope I never stop learning about bands like Symphorce!

Thanks for the tip man. You are THA MAN!! See you at PP 2005!!!
:kickass:
hehehe your welcome old friend! :loco: .... I knew you would like em ... Just had to pressure you abit hahaha your just like my mother like that hahaha ... Ofcourse PPVI is going to be a Blast!

Pabla said:

Ah Shucks I dont know about amazing ... Symphorce is a Great band that Really takes the Old Trad/Powermetal Formula and throws alot of different Flavors in the mix with out losing its Balls hahahaha Accessable but still Heavy Metal ... I think Everybody should be listening to them ... and once I'm done they will be :loco: ....hahah Your welcome :D

Hawk said:
Same here Pabla thanks for the kind welcome.

You're on! :) I am the old bald guy that has trouble stopping with headbanging :lol:

Me taps JD on the head... Gooood JD, Good boy ;)

:D I hear ya! I should post my headbanging pics sometime...looks like a tazmanian devil :tickled:

So, you should have JD give you a taste of the other SP albums... I think you would approve ;)

JonnyD said:
Ah Shucks I dont know about amazing ... Symphorce is a Great band that Really takes the Old Trad/Powermetal Formula and throws alot of different Flavors in the mix with out losing its Balls hahahaha Accessable but still Heavy Metal ... I think Everybody should be listening to them ... and once I'm done they will be :loco: ....hahah Your welcome :D

That's exactly how I felt about Sym the first time I heard them... I do love powermetal but a lot of times it gets "too way over the top" and sorta "cheesy" not that cheese it bad :loco: but I do like my metal a lot of the times with "rougher edges" :headbang:

Sounds like you are on a mission for world domination :heh:

Pabla said:
That's exactly how I felt about Sym the first time I heard them... I do love powermetal but a lot of times it gets "too way over the top" and sorta "cheesy" not that cheese it bad :loco: but I do like my metal a lot of the times with "rougher edges" :headbang:

Sounds like you are on a mission for world domination :heh:
Cheese is good when used correctly but some bands are to much lol ... Symphorce just Kicks Ass! Heavy Rythems with Excellent Vocals ... I have noticed that some ppl say that Brainstorm are heavier I totally disagree ... hehehhe World Domination through sound I will make it happen or Die trying!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ................. :loco:

tattooedsean666 said:
how much of a difference in sound is there from brainstorm and symphorce as I really dig brainstorm?

what symphorce cd would you recommend as a good starting point?
IMO Brainstorm sound more like Germanic Powermetal and Symphorce has more of an American Powermetal Sound ... though Vocally Andy is Fantastic both bands :) .... I would say to Get Twice Second .. that was my first and it blew me away ... PhorcefulAhead is pretty good too:D ...... I think if you like Brainstorm you will Prolly like Symphroce too

Hawk said:

WRONG!!!!

JD got you hooked too? Hahaha! You know if JD and the Hawk approve it must be good ;)

Well I acted on JD's recommendation, gave the album a spin at work and it gets a definite thumbs up from me. Good to find another great new band. I hope to have many more great Symphorce experiences in the future :)

Ayeka said:
JD got you hooked too? Hahaha! You know if JD and the Hawk approve it must be good ;)

Well I acted on JD's recommendation, gave the album a spin at work and it gets a definite thumbs up from me. Good to find another great new band. I hope to have many more great Symphorce experiences in the future :)
I'm Glad you liked em dude! I knew you would ... you like Blaze :D and that spells goodtaste for music, What did ya think of the Belladonna album? There are some Stand out tunes on that album ... anyway Keep Rockin :headbang:

I don't find it nu-metallish at all........if a modern sound implied nu-metal perhaps I could agree.
They have 3 more albums out. Just click on the bandlogo on the top of the page to check their homepage w/ reviews.