I kicked two kids' ass yesterday

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
:tickled: I was in Best Buy picking out a new t.v. and ofcourse looking for CD's...so I come across these two 16 yr old kids looking at music. they asked me what I had in my hand.. Dream Evil book of heavy metal..so I asked them what they liked they replied in unison "motley crue" I said pffffft on Motley...if you want some real kickass power/progressive metal check out Symphorce, Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Masterplan, Mastadon,etc.etc.etc. Even threw out some old school bay area thrash for em as well. Sad but true the store did not have Symphorce but my cd player did, so we went out to my car and I threw in TS....jaws dropped to the floor, heads were banging.....they likey, likey!!! So glad the misguided metal youth have older fans like us to steer them into the right direction! :headbang:

kittybeast said:
true it could've been worse...I couldn't even name a mall core act....just what exactly is mallcore?????

Ummm ummm Something to do with Downtunted Single Note Guitar playing Grunted and Whiney/Crying Vocals ... like Um Stinkin Fart or Stinkubus ... and more recently a Whole host of Bands who scream about nothing over music that doesnt make sense ... My Metal Partner in crime tends to listen to it .. so I get to hear the Latest and Worst of the popular metal scene ... though there is Hope! I played him Twice Second and he Really likes it ... though not enough to buy it himself ... Did that explanation help?:D :wave:

EDIT:Now that I think of it ... My musical Tastes arent perfect .... I still listen to Winger:ill:

JonnyD said:
EDIT:Now that I think of it ... My musical Tastes arent perfect .... I still listen to Winger:ill:
If we were all perfect then who would we make fun of?!?!?!? p.s. winger wrote some excellent songs and we just saw a couple of them play for the Metal Mania VH1 cd and they sounded damn good! :hotjump:

kittybeast said:
If we were all perfect then who would we make fun of?!?!?!? p.s. winger wrote some excellent songs and we just saw a couple of them play for the Metal Mania VH1 cd and they sounded damn good! :hotjump:

hehehe Good point! ... And YES Winger Does have some Great songs! I have always thought so ... their 3rd album is their Masterpeice IMO ... Kinda like with Blaze Bayley I have spent years Defending their music against Close-minded trolls who only *see* Hairspray and Make-up and dont Actually *Listen* to the Quality music they made ... Pabla Mentioned something about Seeing them a month or 2 ago ... I'm Jealous!!! :headbang:

Everyone needs a bit of Crue! :eek: SHOUT AT THE DEVIL!!!

It's nice when you can give people pointers though, especially if they bother listening :)

JonnyD said:
hehehe Good point! ... And YES Winger Does have some Great songs! I have always thought so ... their 3rd album is their Masterpeice IMO ... Kinda like with Blaze Bayley I have spent years Defending their music against Close-minded trolls who only *see* Hairspray and Make-up and dont Actually *Listen* to the Quality music they made ... Pabla Mentioned something about Seeing them a month or 2 ago ... I'm Jealous!!! :headbang:

yes, the glam/makeup ruined the metal momentum along with over saturation in the market, there were several bands who made great songs but if you looked at the album cover, you thought.......wuss! this isn't metal...but as you said you have to be *listening* to the music and not looking at it!

kittybeast said:
yes, the glam/makeup ruined the metal momentum along with over saturation in the market, there were several bands who made great songs but if you looked at the album cover, you thought.......wuss! this isn't metal...but as you said you have to be *listening* to the music and not looking at it!

I love Bands like Motley Crue, Ratt, Tesla, Winger, Twisted Sister, Dokken, and even Slaughter ... but when ya think about it ... over saturation and lack of Showers/Talent is what killed the Alternative scene in the 90's kinda hahaha theyre werew a few of those bands that werent all that bad but you would be hard pressed to find them ....Therapy? comes to mind their Troublegum album was great! ... ... though The Glam/Hair scene really almost killed Metal and to an extent DID kill the Metal of that Generation .. But you cant blame that all on the hairbands Metallicas little turnabout in the Midninties delt quite the blow to ... I was a Teen back then and only 1 of 2 Real Metal Heads in a Hundred Mile Radius ... everybody else listened to rap or alternative .. and the First time "Untill it Sleep" flashed across the screen UGH Dark F*cking Day I can tell you ... anyways! ... sorry for the rant! I just meant to agree :dopey:

Johnny D, the only thing I object to in your post is Tesla and lumping them in with Glam rock....they've never been glam, never wore the clothes or the makeup. Not bashing on you....just correcting your statement. :) kristy

Yeah, don't get him started! Otherwise you get posts like THAT

:tickled: Just j/k JD your posts are always fun to read!

Just one question... is it OK if I am a Bon Jovi fan still? :oops:

The question is ARE YOU OKAY WITH IT????? I just am not partial to people who are closet fans of a band....if you like a band be proud of it. f*** what anyone else's opinion is. As you can tell I've had a rash of demanding clients today. I need to get off the board before I upset someone or say another stupid thing.....................................

kittybeast said:
Johnny D, the only thing I object to in your post is Tesla and lumping them in with Glam rock....they've never been glam, never wore the clothes or the makeup. Not bashing on you....just correcting your statement. :) kristy

and right you are to correct it! and I agree Tesla Never was a Glam Band ... I always thought they were to Heavy to be one for starters and as you said they didnt Dress like or wear make up like the glam folks ... Though I will say Psychotic Supper was a lil to Comercial for me Byt ya Cant Beat Mechanical Resonence, The great Radio Controversy, or Bust a Nut! Fantastic Band!

Pabla said:
Yeah, don't get him started! Otherwise you get posts like THAT

:tickled: Just j/k JD your posts are always fun to read!

:D Well Thanks Pabla! I'm glad you approve! ... I like to ramble from time to time if you hadnt noticed :p ... hey! did you notice I censored the word Fuck down there :lol:

Pabla said:
Just one question... is it OK if I am a Bon Jovi fan still? :oops:

Ofcourse! as long as its still ok that I prefere Blaze Maiden to Regular Maiden :D

kittybeast said:
The question is ARE YOU OKAY WITH IT????? I just am not partial to people who are closet fans of a band....if you like a band be proud of it. f*** what anyone else's opinion is. As you can tell I've had a rash of demanding clients today. I need to get off the board before I upset someone or say another stupid thing.....................................

Kristy! I Agree 100% with this statement! ... hahaha I couldnt have said it better! ... well cept for saying stupid things ... you havnt upsetted me or said anything stupid to me :lol: