Symphorce...

SugarNspice

OhSuziQ
Apr 1, 2005
Pabla had mentioned a band called Symphorce before,and since everyone was talking about progressive metal below, I thought I'd mention this band as well.

Pabla, little did I know, I already had a copy of their CD. I was cleaning out my Cd's, trying to organize them, and put them in sleeves, etc, and get rid of some clutter. I came upon that one, and never even knew I had it!!! A friend of mine works at a record company, and from time to time, loads me up with free Cd's, this was one of them. I had never even played it before, it just got lost into a pile. It made me laugh and think of you because I know you like them. I gave it a whirl, and I have to admit, they are pretty good. They remind me of Dream Theater, whom I love.

So anyhoo, just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else was interested in checking them out, if you haven't heard of them already!!!

Aye I have Symphorce.

great progressive metal :) I would highly recommend

Phorceful Ahead- 2002, I really dig Speak my Mind, Unbroken, Your Blood my Soul.

Twice Second - 2004, 2 seconds to live, whatever hate provides.

Symphorce is one of my favorite bands other than SP :loco:
sometimes I just wish I lived in europe or japan, mucho better music there than in the states.

SugarNspice said:
Pabla had mentioned a band called Symphorce before,and since everyone was talking about progressive metal below, I thought I'd mention this band as well.

Pabla, little did I know, I already had a copy of their CD. I was cleaning out my Cd's, trying to organize them, and put them in sleeves, etc, and get rid of some clutter. I came upon that one, and never even knew I had it!!! A friend of mine works at a record company, and from time to time, loads me up with free Cd's, this was one of them. I had never even played it before, it just got lost into a pile. It made me laugh and think of you because I know you like them. I gave it a whirl, and I have to admit, they are pretty good. They remind me of Dream Theater, whom I love.

So anyhoo, just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else was interested in checking them out, if you haven't heard of them already!!!

:lol: that is hilarious! You had no idea what I was talking about at first and then lo and behold you've got their CD! Which one do you have? :) I love em too, they've become one of my fav "new" bands... :headbang:

Majortusk said:
Aye I have Symphorce.

Phorceful Ahead- 2002, I really dig Speak my Mind, Unbroken, Your Blood my Soul.

sometimes I just wish I lived in europe or japan, mucho better music there than in the states.

Cool! Do you have their first 2 albums? I would highly recomend Sinctuary, very nice tunes in there!

My fav is Twice Second though... there is nothing wrong with it, to my ears it is perfecto :headbang:

yeah, I have sinctuary. but I do like Phorceful ahead mucho more :)

has anyone heard of Iron Fire. their first album Thunderstorm is very cool. I would greatly recommend that one. their second one, on the edge was not as good.

Pabla said:
:lol: that is hilarious! You had no idea what I was talking about at first and then lo and behold you've got their CD! Which one do you have? :) I love em too, they've become one of my fav "new" bands... :headbang:
Yeh I felt like a total moron. DER!!!! She had given me a pile of CD's, and some just got put aside.....I was glad I went through them all!! So now, I am hitting her up for some more freebies!! She always tosses me pretty good stuff! I have Twice Second, I think is the title of it........I REALLY liked it, I was impressed. I instantly thought of you and thought, oh THIS is what she was talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Majortusk said:
Aye I have Symphorce.

Yeh, those areas do have awesome music!!!!!

I love Symphorce! Awsome Band I cant wait to see them in September! I own all their albums But Twice Second is my Favorite followed closely by Sintuary .... but to my ears they are a Hard Edge Power Metal and not Prog ... when I think of Prog I think of Great bands like Dreamscape and Vanden Plas and such Symphorce is much more Powerful or Phorceful if you will

JonnyD said:
I love Symphorce! Awsome Band I cant wait to see them in September! I own all their albums But Twice Second is my Favorite followed closely by Sintuary .... but to my ears they are a Hard Edge Power Metal and not Prog ... when I think of Prog I think of Great bands like Dreamscape and Vanden Plas and such Symphorce is much more Powerful or Phorceful if you will
Hey there!!! It's hard to place a band in a certain category. Some songs sound one way, some another way, one album sounds like this, the next like that. There are just so many titles out there now as to what kind of music something is!!!! I have never heard of Icarus Witch before, are they good? I see you also posted a site for Nuclear. You friends with them? I used to hang with John Connelly alot before he moved to NY. Still hear bits and pieces of him from time to time... :worship:

SugarNspice said:
Hey there!!! It's hard to place a band in a certain category. Some songs sound one way, some another way, one album sounds like this, the next like that. There are just so many titles out there now as to what kind of music something is!!!!

Oh Yeah Absolutely I use Genre titles more like a rough guideline, I tend to listen to pretty much every form of Heavy Metal it all falls under the same umbrella basiclly Prog,Power,Death,Black its all relative, I have heard some pretty retarded Titles in the last few years :yuk:

SugarNspice said:
I have never heard of Icarus Witch before, are they good? I see you also posted a site for Nuclear. You friends with them? I used to hang with John Connelly alot before he moved to NY. Still hear bits and pieces of him from time to time... :worship:

Icarus Witch is Pretty cool They have a 5 song ep for sale for like 5 bucks and its pretty damn good! they do a wicked cover of Alice Cooper's Roses in White Lace! As for the Nuke Link I actually have that their because of Candy Striper Death Orgy who are good friends with N.A. I saw C.S.D.O. a month ago or so Hung out and Moshed with the singer Eric pretty cool dude!... so nope I dont know John :)

Majortusk said:
Aye I have Symphorce.

Going to Progpower by any chance? Sym will be playing this year making their US debut :D I AM SOOOOOO THERE! :headbang: