SyX live sound quality

SyX's live sound quality?

• EXCELLENT!...(Sounded incredible)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • GOOD...........(Sounded good but could've been better)

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • SO SO..........(Wasn't terrible but needed improvement)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • WEAK...........(Really needed improvement)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • SHITTY!........(What the hell song was that?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
I wanted to get all of your opinions as to how you felt about the sound quality at the current wave of SyX shows. Of course, this could depend on the venue, but usually if the sound system is decent and you have an experienced sound tech it should be pretty good. This would also include the work of the sound man in terms of bringing solos to the forefont on time, with enough clarity, etc.

I'm just wondering about this as I haven't seen them yet (hope to go to the Dec. 8th show) and when I saw them back in March at the Agora in Cleveland the sound was pretty bad.

What did you think? (Current tour only please) :)

last i saw them was pp4 and it was good, but way too loud. Some of the stuff got distorted because it was too loud.... so that was disappointing, but it was still good.

Voted good. At times, guitar & keyboard were too soft. Other than that it was nice.

I went to the New Jersey metal fest...

The sound was pretty bad, I think, at least from my past experience with live shows. The guitar was WAAAAY too loud during the rhythm sections, and Russ could barely be heard. The keyboards were barely audible at all, ever, and though you could feel the bass, you couldn't really hear it much...

It was still awesome, though, because watching Michael Romeo's fingers move is awe-inspiring...

I agree With Manga-San pp4 was Way to loud but they controlled it so well. It was still a better sound than pp1 or 2...for that matter! When they opend for Guardian i cought the st. louis and chitown both sounded better than progpower! so i can only hope this tour is better!
dustro