Attending concerts v1.01

I'll be sitting in the middle of the entire amphitheater at the Los Angeles show for Gigantour. I'm thinking that I will get great acoustics, but I've never been to that theater before and of course this is my first real concert.

I'll take a pair of earplugs just in case. I hope I can hear well regardless, and see well! lol

I like to get up close, but it's not always the best sound. One of the last concerts I was at was Andrew WK - DEAFENING near the back, but up front the house speakers weren't hitting you as much, and it was perfect volume with no earplugs. How convenient is that?

I am going to see Rhapsody at BB Kings on the 19th of June. I hope they are not too loud as I would like to hear the other instruments clearly.
I saw them at House of Blues in Cleveland (First date in America!... I love saying that), and the sound was amazing! Every thing was clear - the guitars cut out for like 30 seconds in one song, but it was fixed quickly. Not overly loud either. That was the best sound at a show I've been at besides the second time I saw Children of Bodom - right up front and everything could be picked out in perfect clarity.

I'd advise you guys to wear ear plugs if you see SX in the near future. I think they're the loudest band I've seen besides Sabbath, and at points it turns into unintelligible noise because of it.

soundgarden said:
THe show was nice but after I had a ringing in my ear for the rest of the night. I doubt the same effect will occur in an open arena, such as PNC center.
No ringing after arena shows? Tell Rush's sound guys that. :tickled: My ears rang for almost two days! I'm totally going to wear ear plugs from now on.

But you can get away with a few concerts without plugs. Live a little.

I also have tinnitus. When it's quiet and constantly hear a buzzing noise. When I go to sleep I have to have some music playing in the background or else I can't sleep because of my ringing ears. For the love of god, wear earplugs.