#4 Master of Reality (1971) by Black Sabbath
100 points from 8 votes

8EgA5bQ.jpg
I dig Master of Reality because it's the most stylistically consistent of the early Sabbath records.
Master of Reality is one of the greatest albums of all time.

#3 Sin After Sin (1977) by Judas Priest
104 points from 8 votes

IK4QNCQ.jpg
It bothers me to this day that Rodger Glover botched the production of 'Sin After Sin'. With a good heavy sound that would have been a monster of an album.
The number one thing that strikes me about this album is the vareity in music found on this album. From the opener "Sinner" with a 2 minute psychadelic solo break to the metal as all hell closer "Dissident Aggressor", this album runs a pretty wide gamut of musical stylings for Judas Priest. "Last Rose of Summer" sounds like it could come right off of a Led Zepplin album even. Anyway, listen to the damn songs.

How dare you guys do this one without me!?!
Try checking the forum once in 2 months and stating your interest. Anyway, we'll be able to just take the results and add them to your list whenever you post it to find out what the real results are. That poll's open for the remainder of your life.

#2 Sad Wings of Destiny (1976) by Judas Priest
106 points from 7 votes

9VAd0Rg.jpg

First place votes: 2​
sad wings, stained class and sin after sin are their best albums ever
Sad Wings of Destiny > every other JP album
Well that's the biggest spelling fuck up I've seen in awhile. It's Stained Class you Polish cunt, learn English!
SWoD is clearly the best Priest album and I'd argue the greatest traditional heavy metal album period. Every track is great, without exception.

#1 Paranoid (1970) by Black Sabbath
129 points from 8 votes

gM2OG6u.jpg

First place votes: 2​
PARANOID is better than MASTER OF REALITY imo and might be their most well-rounded album overall. i think people struggle to judge it objectively because it's more overplayed than the others.
I love Black Sabbath but these albums should not be anywhere near the "top 10 of all time". It is outrageous to see them as the top 3 on a list of 50.
The first heavy metal CD I ever got when I was younger. Got it for Christmas along with a Gorillaz CD. The song War Pigs stands to be my favorite Sabbath tune ever.

Condensed results:
1. Black Sabbath - Paranoid [129 points]
2. Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny [106 points]
3. Judas Priest - Sin After Sin [104 points]
4. Black Sabbath - Master of Reality [100 points]
5. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath [99 points]
6. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath Vol 4 [92 points]
7. Motörhead - Overkill [83.5 points]
8. Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath [74 points]
9. Scorpions - Taken by Force [71.5 points]
10. Rainbow - Rising [70.5 points]

11. Judas Priest - Stained Class [62.5 points]
12. Judas Priest - Killing Machine [55 points]
13. Black Sabbath - Sabotage [47.5 points]
14. Rainbow - Long Live Rock 'n' Roll [47 points]
15. Deep Purple - Machine Head [43 points]
16. Buffalo - Volcanic Rock [42 points]
17. Deep Purple - Deep Purple in Rock [40 points]
18. Scorpions - In Trance [39 points]
19. Budgie - Budgie [37 points]
20. Budgie - Never Turn Your Back on a Friend [37 points]

Runner-ups:
Scorpions - Virgin Killer [31 points]
Budgie - In for the Kill! [27 points]
Dust - Hard Attack [26 points]
Legend - Fröm the Fjörds [24 points]
Flower Travellin' Band - Satori [24 points]

Wow, no love for Rainbow s/t huh.

Listening to that Buffalo album for the first time now, good stuff. Somehow I wrote off Scorpions many years ago, guess I'll have to revisit them next.

I spun the albums from the top 25 that I didn't give a mention myself. I wouldn't say any of them are below good, but still not really grabbing my taste. I knew Rising (which I have no complaints about), along with Stained Class and SWoD which just aren't really my kinda Priest, though Exciter is a highlight.

Buffalo - Volcanic Rock comes pretty close for me though. Will definitely check out their other stuff and give them more of a chance.

Rainbow - Gates of Babylon is a total killer of a song, should be more talk about that one.

Scorpions - Sun in My Hand is annoying as hell but In Trance is saved somewhat by its title track which I was already a fan of.
Wow, no love for Rainbow s/t huh.
On that note, here's the top album from each user's list that only got the one vote. The ones that everyone else could be sleeping on:

Goodman: Accept - s/t
zabu: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Slammed: Buffalo - Only Want You for Your Body
Slayed Necros: Riot - Narita
no country: Icecross - s/t
CiG: Uriah Heep - Salisbury
crimsonfloyd: Motörhead - s/t

I doubt anyone needs to revisit Rocka Rolla from my list but Night Sun - Mournin' needs more love, wild stuff.

A little bit of Zep here and there, but aping an American sound way more. Didn't really find any Buffalo I didn't like. Average Rock 'n' Roller is a bit all over the place, quite a loony album but beats going out on a boring note.

Essukay seemed like the super obvious one:

Great song. Maybe it's just me but this sounds like typical British blues to my ears, I guess to anybody who doesn't listen to a lot of that genre it might seem like "Zeppelin cover band" stuff. Sounds just as much like blues era Fleetwood Mac, Free or Groundhogs to me.

Also he said Dead Forever and Only Want You For Your Body are more like "Zeppelin cover band" and because I'm much more familiar with those albums than Mother's Choice I'm still like... what?

Dis fool is trippin.