tabbing still day beneath the sun...

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
...it seems that the chords are 1 full step down. so, not normal tuning as usual [well, demon of the fall is in dropped D, if you saw the 2 guitarists set the E to D in concert before the last song]. i say that because in normal tuning come out some strange positions, and i think it would be better to set everything 1 step down.

any comments? someone tried to tab it too?

I've been messing around trying to learn the song, and I'm pretty sure that he plays with a capo on the 3rd fret. You can tell because a lot of the high droning D and G notes sound like open notes played on the B and E string.

Hope that helps to make it easier for you. :) now I have to go buy a capo.

Clueless, I guess you could always try to ask him. Also, it doesn't seem alot like Opeth to use tunings other than standard (excepting of course Demon of the Fall, and maybe others, I dunno).

metalslime, you could be right. in fact i hear 2 notes which sound open and which in standard tuning would come out at 3rd fret.

gotta think about it

I started to tab it out myself and I am about 100% sure now that there is a capo on the 3rd fret. I emailed Mikael yesterday for confirmation, so maybe I will get an email back soon. I should have the tab finished soon though. I'll post a link to it whenever I finish.