Still Day Beneath The Sun Or Patterns In The Ivy II>?

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
I have recently really listened to these two songs over and over again and really gave them a chance, I dont know why but at first I didnt really get into them but now they are up there with my favourite ballads, they are very beautiful and amazing songs. Every time I listen to them I connect with them more and more each time, I really think they should have been on the Black Water Park album or another album cause they deserve more status than just a bonus song. Anyway, Its so hard for me to decide which ones better, I think I would have to say Still Day Benath The Sun, Cause I relate too it more and it gives me more of a chill and overall feel. What do all you Opethians think?

They are both great, and like you, I didn't really get into them until much later... I even had the special edition for months and months before I realized those friggin' gems.

I think I ended up going back to Still Day Beneath The Sun the most... There's something magical about how the pre-chorus transitions into that awesome chorus. And the verses are haunting and reflective. Good stuff!

emm...can't really say
I'v always loved patterns but I started listening to still day more and more and I think I'll go for still day