Still Day Beneath the Sun / Patterns in the Ivy II

Mar 11, 2005
These are apparently bonus tracks to Blackwater Park but weren't on the version I have. Is there a place where I can get these songs? I REALLY want to hear these.

are these tracks really good???

I've heard many say that Opeth bonus tracks are very weak... but a Patterns In the Ivy II sounds very appealing...

Stimuli said:
are these tracks really good???

I've heard many say that Opeth bonus tracks are very weak... but a Patterns In the Ivy II sounds very appealing...

both tracks are fucking beautiful!

steel102 said:
we aren't allowed to talk about piracy here. You'll have to go buy the special edition BWP cd which has the tracks.

Well where can I find the special edition BWP then? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.

I love both tracks! I don't know why they weren't included on the original album. Perhaps they ran out of time, or they didn't think it fit with the rest of the album ?

As far as I know these tracks were recorded by Mikael himself and were never part of the BWP recording sessions at all. Which would explain why they weren't on the original pressing. And they wouldn't really fit in any way. I'm glad they put them on a seperate CD with the special edition. They're great tracks but having a whole album like BWP and then 2 barebones acoustic tracks at the end would be a little strange.

If by horrible, you mean, weak quality, then of course - they are demos and have the worst imagined production quality you can think of. It's just a bonus to hear some "raw" opeth if someone so desires to. Eh...

As far as Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the Ivy II are concerned - yeah, hands down some of the best clean vocal/acoustic tracks Mike has ever written. ESPECIALLY Patterns II, which is simply stunning.

To this day, it's such a shame the songs were ONLY released as bonus tracks. AND WORSE EVEN, bonus tracks on an album MANY Opeth fans already owned. This means that chances are high many would not get the chance to hear such beautiful songs.

They should have been included as bonus tracks for a "newer" album or better still, on separate cd for like $10, kinda like an EP that could be called, BWP EP.

The esongs are just THAT damn good and deserve more attention than what they got. I hate having them referred to as just being simple "bonus" tracks. IMO, they surpass the likes of ALL of damnation, Isolation Years, Hours of Wealth and Atonement and MAYBE even Benighted (at least on par.)