patterns in the ivy I and II

i thought it was cool, dont hear that at weddings too often, we are all big opeth fans, they played a few songs at the reception as well, nice night that was. oh yeah they had it on repeat lol

also, i hope this doesnt sound stupid but, do you think there'd ever be a patterns in the ivy III?

or maybe just a similar style song, just a short little piano and acoustic. i love those, they seem they are the simplest and shortest songs sometimes, but they are my favorites.

-isolation years
-hours of wealth
-a fair judgement (especially the first part and solos :worship: )
-silhouette
-to bid you farewell

i like the heavy songs, but i guess i am the smaller percentage that my favorites are the non-heavy songs. :loco:

oh well, whatever the new cd sounds like, im positive im going to love it. theyre becoming my favorite band i think

i like the heavy songs, but i guess i am the smaller percentage that my favorites are the non-heavy songs. :loco:

Same with me.

I really like the ones you listed, as well as Requiem and Harvest, and almost everything off of Damnation (Weakness and Ending Credits were decent, but a cut below the rest of the album IMO).

Of course, I absolutely love Still Life and Deliverance, so it's hard to say. I think I actually like the heavy stuff and the mellow stuff equally. It all depends on what I'm in the mood to listen to.

I just heard the II one, can't stop playing it... It has this beautiful "autumn" feeling, very warm but at the same time very cold... Beautiful song...

I don't know Pattern in the Ivy II because.. well I don't know where you guys got it, but I couldn't find it. The first one, still, is good. Strangely, I made a composition that is really similar to it before I had listened to. Anyway, I think it's a good song to play when you have nothing else to play on your accoustic guitar (that is my case).

I don't know Pattern in the Ivy II because.. well I don't know where you guys got it, but I couldn't find it. The first one, still, is good. Strangely, I made a composition that is really similar to it before I had listened to. Anyway, I think it's a good song to play when you have nothing else to play on your accoustic guitar (that is my case).

Patterns in the Ivy II was on a special edition release of Blackwater Park along with the song Still Day Beneath the Sun. You can hear the song if you search it on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePkxTOz5Cr8 <----did the searching for you :)

Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the IVY II are two of the most beautiful songs that I have heard from Mikael.

To the poster who stated that both these songs had horrible recording quality.....you must be listening to something else entirely. The quality is how it should be for songs such as those.