Patterns In The Ivy 2

Leper_/-\ffinity

Child of The Grave
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, Ive been doing lots of acoustic folk playing, and writing some songs, but in terms of recording, decided to start with a cover of Patterns In The Ivy 2, to get a feel of my voice, to see if I can sing at all, so here it is, at my new dmusic site, please take a listen and comment, thanks!!

Click Me For The Song

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Dude that singing was downright horrible. Half way through I had to stop it. Sorry bro.

Wow, that sucks, I thought it was decent, maybe I just got so used to my own shitty voice, and thought it might pass as ok. I mean of course it's no Mikael Akerfeldt, but does anyone have any tips on how to improve on it?? Louder, quieter, am I hitting the wrong notes???

ChrisEmerson said:
its not that bad at all i dont think. you are in tune and everything, ive definatley heard a LOT worse.

I think your voice might come off better singing a bit louder, like one of the clean parts in a heavier song.

Cool, thanks, did you guys enjoy the instrumental aspect of the song???

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
What? the singing was fine, ofc no akerfeldt.

I must learn to play that song!

Hehehe, yes you must!!! it's a great song, just make sure you have a capo.

The singing was just really bad on the "One moonlit shadow on the wall..." parts, it's very hard to hit those notes for me.

It's not a keyboard, it's a guitar with tone turned all the way down, and thanks for the singing encouragement. It does sound out of tune a little bit because I vibrato a little too much sometimes.

its pretty good man, your singings ok but you could try and get a bit more warmth in your voice and maybe sing a little louder, the guitar is very good though, the distorted solo, sounds a little unconfident, are you more of an acoustic player than an electric player